deiauk
6053 Views, 5 Replies

One quarter circle

Hello I need to draw one quarter circle and I dont know how to do that
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
deiauk
in reply to: deiauk

I've done (command "CIRCLE" r ) and somehow i need just quarter of circle.
Message 3 of 6
hmsilva

@deiauk wrote:

As a "demo" and a startpoint, assuming that the current AUNITS SysVar is set to 0

(if (and (setq c (getpoint "\nEnter the center point: "))
	 (setq s (getpoint "\nEnter the start point: "))
    )
  (command "_.arc" s "_C" c "_A" 90)
)

you'll need to read on the Help files about UNITS, ANGDIR, ANGBASE, AUNITS, and possibly to achieving the intended "quarter of circle" you'll need to test for the current units (angular and linear) and then enter the proper angle value...

HTH

Henrique

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@deiauk wrote:

That would be an Arc.  The suggestion from hmsilva is one of many ways to define an Arc, depending on what information you are starting with [center? start point? both end points? starting direction? radius? (in this case you have the included angle)].  See Help about the Arc command for all the possibilities, and you can build a (command) function to use what you have.  [Or, if for some reason it's simpler, you could draw a Circle and then Break three quarters of it away....]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 6
tq1918

A really lazy way to get a quarter of a cirle is to draw a circle.  Draw a line. Shift click snap to quadrant to two quadarants. Trim. Crude but effective.  

Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: tq1918

@tq1918 wrote:

A really lazy way to get a quarter of a cirle is to draw a circle.  Draw a line. Shift click snap to quadrant to two quadarants. Trim. Crude but effective.  

[That's fine if you want a quarter-circle that starts and ends at quadrant points, but not if you want one from, say, 45 degrees to 135 degrees.  But you could do it that way and then Rotate it....]

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost