Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old issue I am sick of - need a reactor based lisp.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
326 Views, 3 Replies

Old issue I am sick of - need a reactor based lisp.

I (and the users) are sick to death on dealing with a long time issue without much progress to a solution... I currently have welcomed support from two software companies that are looking at the issue - one seems committed, the other is yet to be seen.

Until it is solved, I need to write a Save reactor based code - or better perhaps my own QSave command (redefined qsave) and make it available to the users. 

The dialogs below highlight two cases.

1. In case A... the sav*.tmp file gets created and remains with the drawing file in the drawings location.  
  2. In case B... the sav*.tmp as well as a 'atmp*' gets created and remains in the drawings location... however, in this case the drawing file vanishes from the server.
  3. In both these cases, once the dialog is dismissed, the user does another emmeditiate save... this save is always successful.

I know that if Qsave is ran from lisp... these dialog boxes DO NOT pop, but are instead produced at the command prompt.

In case A the drawing file is there, but in case B the drawing file is not... I could condition somehow... so that a second save is done in both cases.

Has anyone seen a lisp for something like this... or perhaps could give me a leg up?

Two SAVE issue dialogs.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I don't think a LISP is going to help you here, at least not directly.  This looks like server-level problems (possibly NAS? or mixed Mac-Win users?).

You *might* be better off implementing an interim basic copy-local system for working on drawing files ie. when a user opens the file its actually a copy on their computer which is then checked back in when they close it.  Vault Basic might be up to this task and should be available to Subscription customers.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
MattPalan2009
in reply to: dgorsman

I would start by making sure that all my device drivers were up to date.  I recall some issues like this that would happen back in R2000.  I have a reactor that proforms a file rename at save & plot.  It changes the filename to include the date.  If you think it will help.

Matthew

Message 4 of 4

OKAY Humor me please...! I am checking some other things, but this issue is very complex. Two large support teams are working on this. But I need an interim piece of code to ease the out and out pain the users are feeling.

This is what I have thus far... I wonder if someone might glance through it and give me any thoughts. okay!... it is not reactor based, nor is it meant to redefine the Qsave command... but it is down and dirty. This is what it does:

• checks to see if dwgs been edited OR if it exists. if either is true then...
  • it does a qsave.
  • Then checks to see if the drawing still exists... if not... then
  • It recurses and saves again.

(defun QSaveVer01 (File User /)
  (if (not (zerop (getvar "dwgtitled")))
    (progn
      (if (or (not (zerop (getvar "dbmod")))
              (not (findfile File))
          )                       
        (command "qsave")
      )
      (if (not (findfile File))
        (QSaveVer01 File User)
      )
    )
  )
  (princ)
)
;;;=============================================================================================================|
;;;  FullQualFilePath                                                                                           |
;;;_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________|
(defun FullQualFilePath (/ DwgPath&Name)
  (setq DwgPath&Name (strcat (getvar "dwgprefix") (getvar "dwgname")))
  DwgPath&Name
)
(QSaveVer01 (FullQualFilePath) (getvar "Loginname"))
(princ)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost