Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset lisp

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1843 Views, 5 Replies

Offset lisp

I need offset distance lisp (default distance ).

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shanskvm

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe you can provide a more elaborate description of what you want because it is not clear.

If you want the default value for the offset command, it is stored in the OFFSETDIST variable.

Message 3 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

I need offset distance lisp (default distance ).

Explain a little more.  Do you want something that invokes Offset and automatically accepts the current default distance [whatever that is], so that the User does not need to hit Enter to accept it?  Do you want something that has a built-in pre-set distance, so that [for example] the User picks a separate menu item for any of the available pre-set distances, and does not need to enter the distance or accept the default?  Do you want something that offers a pre-set distance and allows the User to accept that as the default, but also lets them enter a different distance?  [I have something like that with multiple available pre-sets.]  Or something else?  Does it need to be a defined command that can be invoked by typing its command name, or would it be contained only in a menu item to be selected?  I guess it all boils down to this: in what way would the User's use of it [or them] differ from using ordinary Offset?
Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 6
scot-65

Quickies here:

(defun c:O2    () (command "Offset" 2 pause)(princ))
(defun c:O4    () (command "Offset" 4 pause)(princ))
(defun c:O6    () (command "Offset" 6 pause)(princ))
(defun c:Ob    () (command "Offset" 5.5 pause)(princ))

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks for your reply.

I need always inside rectangle

.Example : if we have rectangle 30m x 30m . I need inside distance should be 2m.

Don't need always asking  ( specify points on side to offset ) which side question ? ( specify points on side to offset )

Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

I need always inside rectangle

.Example : if we have rectangle 30m x 30m . I need inside distance should be 2m.

Don't need always asking  ( specify points on side to offset ) which side question ? ( specify points on side to offset )

The parameters seem to be changing....

For always offsetting inside, see this thread: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/offset-polylines/m-p/2292448/highlight/true#M263452

or other threads found by Searching for "offset inside."

I still don't understand the distance part.  Is the 2m calculated from the 30m somehow?  If so, what is the relationship?  Or is 2m a constant default?  If it's a constant, what difference does the size of the original rectangle make?

It would be more helpful if you could describe what the starting conditions would be when the routine is called for, step-by-step what the User would do while the routine is running, and what the routine would cause to happen as a result, including anything that might vary from one situation to another [such as the relationship between 30m and 2m, if any].

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost