Did you mean: 

Odd Problem with Finding a Block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AR12
332 Views, 4 Replies

Odd Problem with Finding a Block

Ok so, I am involved in converting a whole bunch of our programs over to AutoCAD 2013 from AutoCAD 2011 and in doing so we have changed how we have our programs set-up including that we are switching to using the Bundle format. One of the programs I am having an issue with is trying to insert a block, but AutoCAD isn't able to find it, even though the folder that it's in is in the search path and I have the folder open in Windows Explorer and can see the file is there. Any ideas what the problem could be?

The below is what AutoCAD is telling me. I have the folder C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\hazletonmenu.bundle\contents\lib\ open in Windows Explorer and can see bailstepdetailref.dwg is in the folder.

"bailstepdetailref.dwg": Can't find file in search path:
  C:\Users\AR12\Documents\ (current directory)
  C:\Users\AR12\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad 2013 - english\r19.0\enu\support\
  C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2013\support\
  C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2013\support\en-us\
  C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2013\fonts\
  C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2013\help\
  C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2013\express\
  C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2013\support\color\
  C:\Users\AR12\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad 2013 - english\r19.0\enu\support\color\
  C:\Users\AR12\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad 2013 - english\r19.0\enu\express\
  C:\Users\AR12\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad 2013 - english\r19.0\enu\help\
  C:\Users\AR12\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad 2013 - english\r19.0\enu\fonts\
  F:\utility\drafting\borders\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\fusionplugin2013.bundle\contents\resources\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\adam2013menu.bundle\contents\support\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\adam2013menu.bundle\contents\lib\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\adam2013menu.bundle\contents\support\icons\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\adam2013menu.bundle\contents\template\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\adam2013menu.bundle\contents\programs\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\hazletonmenu.bundle\contents\support\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\hazletonmenu.bundle\contents\lib\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\hazletonmenu.bundle\contents\support\icons\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\hazletonmenu.bundle\contents\template\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\hazletonmenu.bundle\contents\programs\
  C:\program files\autodesk\applicationplugins\hazletonmenu.bundle\contents\support\help files\
  C:\na.valmont.com\utility\CADSHARE\Protected\Standards\AutoCad\Borders\
  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\

Thanks,
Adam Richardson

If needed: AutoCAD 2017 User using Visual LISP for editing LISP and DCL files
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pbejse
in reply to: AR12

if you type (findfile "bailstepdetailref.dwg") and its nil then its not in the SFSP or the current folder

Message 3 of 5
AR12
in reply to: pbejse

Here's what I get when I put that on the command line:

Command: (findfile "bailstepdetailref.dwg")
"C:\\program files\\autodesk\\applicationplugins\\hazletonmenu.bundle\\contents\\lib\\bailstepdetailref.dwg"

So if it can find it using (findfile) why wouldn't it be able to find it when it's trying to insert it?

EDIT: Fixed a typo, wouldn't originally was would but should definatley say wouldn't

Thanks,
Adam Richardson

Message 4 of 5
pbejse
in reply to: AR12

Not sure how you setup you program to look for a block, here's what i use

(setq BlockName
(if (not (tblsearch "Block" "bailstepdetailref"))
(findfile "bailstepdetailref.dwg")
"bailstepdetailref"
)
)

I apologize for running out on you.. i'll have a look see tommorow

cheers

Message 5 of 5
AR12
in reply to: pbejse

After seeing your code, I went back to my source code(well it's not my code but I'm the one making sure it works in 2013) and found I think where the problem lies, this is what I found when I search for bailstepdetailref.dwg:

(command "insert" "Templates/bailstepdetailref.dwg" "0,0" "1" "1" "0" "")

which I think is where the problem is. I'll try removing the Templates/ part and see if it works, but I'm thinking that's the problem. Thanks for the help in narrowing down the problem.

EDIT: Yep that was the problem. Thanks for the help pbejse

Thanks,
Adam Richardson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost