Message 1 of 33
arshadmirza786
6758 Views, 32 Replies

No horizontal scroll bar

in autocad 2015 unable to get horizontal scroll bar on screen

How could i get it on screen

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33

No Horizontal Scroll Bar is not a minor change.  It adds hours to work when you are dependent on scroll bars.  In a crunch, this is unbelievable!!!!  If you use a laptop

Message 22 of 33

I've complained to my reseller numerous times and sent in a support request to Autodesk through the subscription center. Autodesk came back with nothing but a work around...press the scroll wheel down while holding down the shift key and dragging the mouse. More work requiring more efoort to do something simple! I finally tried calling Autodesk support...news flash...what support...it's all automated and they send you back to your reseller.

If you are waiting for a hot fix to add the horizontal scroll bar back into AutoCAD 2015 it'll be an exercise in futility. My reseller forwarded my complaints to the regional Autodesk representative for my area who called me personally and talked for close to an hour about this issue and other issues I've had with Autodesk. While he was sympathetic and confirmed that many others have voiced similar concerns it seems Autodesk cares little about the customers who use and depend on AutoCAD, the software this company was built on. They are focusing most of their efforts on their Premium Suites...there's more money to be made selling users a package of programs that they may never even use...more money up front and more money for subscription renewals.

I've been on subscription for years and each year there's something that rubs me the wrong way about paying in advance (for me in September) for a software release the following year that Autodesk will give NO information about...no preview...no nothing until it rolls out. And if we don't like what we get, what then? Can we ask for a refund...can we return it...of course not! We're just stuck with this piece of garbage release whether we like it or not and if the release is flawed, like 2015 obviously is, instead of fixing it they claim it's intentional. Intentional my ****! These arrogant assholes don't give a rat's **** about what we want. 

Message 23 of 33

ashleyrashcampbell wrote:

No Horizontal Scroll Bar is not a minor change.  It adds hours to work when you are dependent on scroll bars.  In a crunch, this is unbelievable!!!!  If you use a laptop

Are you on subscription?

If so, you can use 2014 instead of 2015

Then possibly drop your subscription and stick with 2014, because it doesn't look like we'll see this feature returned.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 24 of 33
rkmcswain
in reply to: durentech

durentech wrote:

I've complained to my reseller numerous times and sent in a support request to Autodesk through the subscription center. Autodesk came back with nothing but a work around...

I've been on subscription for years ......We're just stuck with this piece of garbage release whether we like it or not

You say you are on subscription, so you are not stuck with 2015. Uninstall it and install 2014 and then consider dropping your subscription since this UI feature seems to be a deal breaker for you.

Regarding whether or not it was intentional or not, consider that the entire graphics subsystem is new for 2015 and it's quite possible that this had something to do with the decision to drop the horiz scrollbar. Same goes for the text buttons in the scrollbar.

I don't have any inside information with regard to the Horiz Scrollbar and what may have transpired during the alpha/beta period, but I strongly suspect it did not go unnoticed/unreported.  In other words, it wasn't like shipping day was the first Autodesk heard about it.

Message 25 of 33
durentech
in reply to: rkmcswain

I've already told my reseller that if the horizontal scroll bar isn't "fixed" on AutoCAD 2015 by the time my subscription renews (next month) they'd never see another dime of my money. If at some point in the future I see a release, like 2014, that looks good I may buy it and keep it for several years.

I never uninstalled AutoCAD 2014 and continue to use it after seeing what 2015 had to offer...or not offer. I knew at some point Autodesk would try to do away with the Classic workspace and force us all to use the bleeping ribbon. My 2014 settings migrated so the lack of a Classic workspace option in 2015 wasn't apparent until I read about it.

Ask yourself, what other product do you buy in advance before you have a chance to look it over and make an educated decision. Even Microsoft doesn't make us do that! I'd say EVERYONE on subscription should think about this. I say let us have a 30 day trial period at the release of each version to decide if we want to purchase the "upgrade". An Autodesk rep told me there IS a grace period under which you may elect to purchase the current version even if you didn't renew your subscription by the due date but they charge you another $100 or so in addition to the regular cost of being on subscription. It was hush-hush in a way as if Autodesk didn't want everyone to know about that option...and for a reason! If customers agree to buy sight unseen why tell them they have any other options.   

Message 26 of 33
bdowd@ksd
in reply to: arshadmirza786

I honestly didn't know how much I used the horizontal scroll bar, but now that it's gone......I want it back!  Hope that they send a fix for this soon!   I'm not going to update my laptop to 2015 until they do.

Message 27 of 33
greg_battin
in reply to: bdowd@ksd

I don't think that this is something they removed from 2015.

I just turned them on and both seem to be there for me.

ACAD 2015 Scroll Bars.jpg

Message 28 of 33
rkmcswain
in reply to: greg_battin

greg.battin wrote:

I don't think that this is something they removed from 2015.

It was removed in 2015, but it was later restored via SP2 I believe.

Message 29 of 33
melanie.mason
in reply to: greg_battin

Yep this the same option that i have always used to turn on the scroll bars

Message 30 of 33
durentech
in reply to: melanie.mason

SP2 fixed the horizontal scroll bar. Whopee! I'll continue to use 2014 out of spite if nothing else. I dropped my subscription. Autodesk doesn't get any more of my money in advance for garbage like AutoCAD 2015.

I hope everyone likes using the ribbon because Autodesk is forcing it down our throats with this release and all subsequent releases lest we all complain vehemently. There is no more Classic workspace option in the setup. My 2014 Classic workspace migrated this year so on 2015 I still have the option to use the Classic workspace...were I to actual use this piece of crap I paid for. I'll bet anything when the next release comes out you won't be able to migrate the Classic workspace at all. I don't like Autodesk's arrogance in assuming the ribbon is going to make ME more productive. It doesn't! Please echo your concerns if you like using the Classic workspace.

Message 31 of 33
jkligerman
in reply to: rkmcswain

If it was deleted in 2015, why then do 1/2 of the computers that I installed 2015 on them have the horizontal scrollbar and the other 1/2 do not.

Message 32 of 33
rkmcswain
in reply to: jkligerman

jkligerman wrote:

If it was deleted in 2015, why then do 1/2 of the computers that I installed 2015 on them have the horizontal scrollbar and the other 1/2 do not.

See this thread, post 28.

Message 33 of 33
bdowd@ksd
in reply to: jkligerman

Autodesk issued a patch which fixed the problem. Make sure your using the most up to date version

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost