in autocad 2015 unable to get horizontal scroll bar on screen

How could i get it on screen

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
braudpat
in reply to: arshadmirza786

Hello

You haven't posted in the right forum !

Well I confirm that the missing horizontal scroll bar is a minor bug of ACAD 2015 !!

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 33
BlackBox_

(vl-load-com)

(defun c:ScrollBars (/ oDispPrefs)
  (princ "\rSCROLL BARS: ")
  (if (= :vlax-true
	 (vla-get-displayscrollbars
	   (setq oDispPrefs
		  (vla-get-display
		    (vla-get-preferences
		      (vlax-get-acad-object)
		    )
		  )
	   )
	 )
      )
    (progn (vla-put-displayscrollbars oDispPrefs :vlax-false)
	   (princ "OFF ")
    )
    (progn (vla-put-displayscrollbars oDispPrefs :vlax-true)
	   (princ "ON ")
    )
  )
  (princ)
)

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 4 of 33
braudpat
in reply to: BlackBox_

Hello

Nice VLisp routine to switch ON/OFF the Scroll Bars ! ... I have just tested it on my ACAD 2014 ...

On my current PC, I haven't the 2015 !

So please could you confirm that the routine will run in the same manner on 2015 ?

and that with it, the horizontal Scroll Bar is displayed ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 33
BlackBox_
in reply to: braudpat

@braudpat wrote:

Nice VLisp routine to switch ON/OFF the Scroll Bars !

That is kind of you to say, braudpat; I'm happy to help. Smiley Happy

@braudpat wrote:

On my current PC, I haven't the 2015 !

So please could you confirm that the routine will run in the same manner on 2015 ?

and that with it, the horizontal Scroll Bar is displayed ?

Likewise, I am relegated to using Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 on my workstation at present.

Perhaps the OP, or another member will be able to tell us before we get to a computer that has 2015 installed?

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 6 of 33
arshadmirza786
in reply to: BlackBox_

This .lsp only ON/OFF the scroll bar in stead "go to options" very Quicklly but can not build the HORIZONTAL bar which is missing from develpors

I hope we will get it back soon

Message 7 of 33
kamike

I have AutoCAD 2015 (3D Civil) loaded and there is NO horiztonal scroll bar.  Very annoying.

Message 8 of 33
ronydj6
in reply to: kamike

I have AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (trial) and there is NO horizontal scroll bar to, any one can help ?,

Message 9 of 33
arshadmirza786
in reply to: ronydj6

As stated earlier only we can see Right side vertical bar but horizontal is missing and may be thay issue a HOTFIX soon

Message 10 of 33
rkmcswain

I'm genuinely surprised that anyone even noticed this. That was always one of the first things I disabled (if it was on) in every upgrade/reinstall since it was introduced.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 11 of 33
snielson
in reply to: rkmcswain

The horizontal scroll is not something I usually use either.  But there I was in a meeting with my laptop and no mouse needing the nudge the drawing to the side and could not easilly do it. z e, then z w.   

Message 12 of 33
durentech

You have to know that everyone doesn't work the same way. I noticed the missing horizontal scroll bar right away when I did the Move or Copy right click command on the layout tab...to create the next sheet in a set of drawings. In 2014 and before I could click from Paper space to Model Space and scroll to the right to get the new sheet drawing in model space into the viewport. I see no way to work that way now which REALLY sucks because I create new tabs this way all the time.

Message 13 of 33

It is very strange that the horizontal scroll bar suddenly 'dissapeard' between v2014 and v2015 (vertical scroll remains?!?). But I guess it was deleted on purpose:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-pid/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Aut... **Was this Article Helpful?**NO!**

It does makes it a little harder to use on a laptop. Also, I noticed it when I tried to set up a new viewport and tried to pan in it horizontally only. I used the "suggestion' and managed to 'double-click' the middle mouse button which zoom-extents, I hit an undo and tried it again, manged that time to scroll while I was panning and it changed the scale. On last time, I  used the pan command (not the middle mouse button because apparently I have a twitchy middle finger 🙂 ) and it worked but then I had to use MVSETUP to realign the viewport to it's neighbor because the pan command is inaccurate in all directions.

I thought by upgrading you were supposed to become more efficient...this process took me 15min when it used to take me 30sec. If there was some 'greater good' for the removal of the scroll bar I would understand and adapt, but this just seems like a programing FAIL.

Message 14 of 33
rkmcswain
in reply to: blessard_TMG

With all due respect to the knowledge network team, that is a terrible 'article/solution'. Putting aside the debate over the presence or lack of a horizontal scroll bar for a minute.... what the article should say is:

(1) Use the -Pan command with Ortho
-or-
(2) Use the middle mouse button along with the Shift key.

Both of these constrain the movement as desired.
Message 15 of 33

Press and hold your scroll wheel then hold down the shift key. 

Whilst holding you can scroll either horizontally or vertically without the bars.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

Chris Downing

Applications Engineer

Man and Machine UK

ACADE & PLANT3D Applications Engineer
CAD Training

Standard and bespoke PLANT3D Training and ACAD Training and ACAD ELEC Training

Message 16 of 33
durentech
in reply to: chris.downing

While holding down the scroll wheel button and the shift button while moving the mouse seems to work doesn't just using the scroll bar work much more efficiently??? Before I mastered the art of rubbing my belly while tapping my head and jumping up and down on one foot, the equivalent of this alternate method of scrolling, I accidently rotated my image and magnified it and had to undo until I got the original image back and try again.

The scroll bars have been a part of every AutoCAD version I've purchased since Release 12. Autodesk screwed up...it's so obvious. Under Tools/Options/Display the check box says "Display scroll bar(s)..."...that's plural! If their intention was to get rid of scroll bars why leave the vertical scroll bar in but take the horizontal one out? If Autodesk intentionally deleted the horizontal scroll bar it was to make more room for their stupid ribbon...something probably half or more of its customers don't even use. I know where my command icons are in my modified Classic workspace and they are the commands I use and not the ones I have to navigate through to find the one I want. But Autodesk dropped another bomb in 2015...no Classic workspace option unless you want to start completely from scratch.

Last I heard Autodesk has no intention of fixing the horizontal scroll bar in 2015 and to make it look like it was by design they will delete the vertical scroll bar in the next version. Any vertical scroll bar users out there? how would you feel about that, eh?

I've been on subscription for years but this arrogance and denial on Autodesk's part has soured me and I have no intention of paying 6 months in advance for something I can't see, touch or smell first. We should all have the option to purchase when the product is rolled out so we can make an educated decision. What other product do you pay for before you even know what you're buying??  

Message 17 of 33
rkmcswain
in reply to: durentech

durentech wrote:

Autodesk screwed up...it's so obvious. Actually, they more or less admit it was removed on purpose, here.
If Autodesk intentionally deleted the horizontal scroll bar it was to make more room for their stupid ribbon...something probably half or more of its customers don't even use. I know where my command icons are in my modified Classic workspace and they are the commands I use and not the ones I have to navigate through to find the one I want. But Autodesk dropped another bomb in 2015...no Classic workspace option unless you want to start completely from scratch.

Last I heard Autodesk has no intention of fixing the horizontal scroll bar in 2015 and to make it look like it was by design they will delete the vertical scroll bar in the next version. Any vertical scroll bar users out there? how would you feel about that, eh? Never used them, never will, so no effect here. But as you have passion for the scrollbars, I feel the same way about the removal of the TEXT option for the status bar buttons that was removed (you know, SNAP, GRIP, ORTHO, etc), so I certainly can see your point.

I've been on subscription for years but this arrogance and denial on Autodesk's part has soured me and I have no intention of paying 6 months in advance for something I can't see, touch or smell first. We should all have the option to purchase when the product is rolled out so we can make an educated decision. You can. Nothing stopping you other than it will cost you more if you're not on subscription, unless you skip about 3 versions, then the cost is about the same.What other product do you pay for before you even know what you're buying??  

A lot of people talk about dropping Autodesk and moving to a competitive product, but I've never actually seen anyone do it other than maybe a solo individual here and there..
Message 18 of 33
durentech

SNAP, ORTHO...don't get me started. I wondered when those went away...not in 2013 so before that I guess.

Message 19 of 33
durentech

Best review this to make sure you understand upgrade options now.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/F
requently-Asked-Questions-about-the-Autodesk-Upgrade-Policy.html?mktvar002=6
Message 20 of 33
rkmcswain
in reply to: durentech

durentech wrote:

SNAP, ORTHO...don't get me started. I wondered when those went away...not in 2013 so before that I guess.

The text option was removed starting with the 2015 version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost