Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New LISP's Don't Run and Automatically Unloads

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
havalina28
780 Views, 6 Replies

New LISP's Don't Run and Automatically Unloads

I am trying to load a LISP routine as I usually do, using the "Load/Unload Applications" window and adding it within the "Startup Suite".  The LISP will appear to be loaded within the Loaded Applications list, but will not run.  In addition, the LISP will automatically vanish from the Loaded Applications list after a few minutes.  

This is now true for any other LISP's I am trying to load that I know to work, so this has nothing to do with the new LISP programming.  My "Support File" paths are pointing in the right direction.  Rebooting the computer doesn't help.

Thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: havalina28

Are you running multiple concurrent sessions of AutoCAD?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7
havalina28

No. In each case, I am only running one session of AutoCAD 2012.
Message 4 of 7
dgorsman

Not sure about which "loaded applications" list you are referring to.  LISP cannot be unloaded, but it can be overwritten.  There may be other automation on your system which clears out the StartApp contents - possibly for good reasons.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
havalina28
in reply to: dgorsman

When you pull up the "Load/Unload Applications" window, there is a "Loaded Application" tab that lists the file name and path for each application loaded during a session.

Any new LISP I am trying to load will appear on this list, but will not run.  They will also disappear from the list after a few minutes.

As an update to the problem, now other LISP routines that have been running for years have stopped working.  I have not changed any settings or modified the LISP's.  Rebooting the machine is not helping.

Message 6 of 7
andrew.nao

easiest way... lisp programs that you want started on dwg startup you should load via the acaddoc.lsp
Message 7 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: andrew.nao

@andrew.nao wrote:
easiest way... lisp programs that you want started on dwg startup you should load via the acaddoc.lsp

Exactly. Do not use or rely on the "startup suite".

More info: 

http://cadpanacea.com/node/90

http://bit.ly/FSsIWz

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost