Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nested drop down list in a ribbon Panels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mfernandes
949 Views, 4 Replies

nested drop down list in a ribbon Panels

does any know how to create a nested drop down list in a ribbon panel.

is it even possible. It must be, but I don’t know how Autodesk managed to do it in the C3D.cuix for the create ground data panel, point drop down.

second question, where is the icon for a drop down list saved.

looking at a C3D dropdown list icon there is no path to the icon, but when I create one it shows a path.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mjung
in reply to: mfernandes

Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do the same thing and haven't been able to get it to work. Civil 3D has many instances of this and looking at the CUI it appears that there are specific commands that it is calling for the second flyout menu (i.e.  AeccCreatePointsMenuButton, AeccAddLabelsMenuButton, AeccAddTablesMenuButton, etc...) These must be something programmed that is way beyond the default CUI editor? It would be nice to find out exactly how it's done.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 3 of 5
mfernandes

I could not find a solution or a workaround.

ADesk finally got back to me. In a nut shell I was told that what I could see in the current menu that had nested dropdown was programmed into the menu.

Not sure how that is, but I was too frustrated to pursue it any further.

Message 4 of 5
mjung

I thought that might be the case.

I guess it's time to rethink how to present a list of commands that doesn't require a dropdown that goes beyond the bottom of the screen 🙂

Message 5 of 5
mjung
in reply to: mjung

I realize this thread is almost 8 years old but I was hoping that after this amount of time ribbon development might have progressed.

I'm hoping that resurrecting this topic somebody on here might have came up with or knows of a solution?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost