Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to search for an item from multiple drawings on a folder or drive

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
schicco
312 Views, 4 Replies

Need to search for an item from multiple drawings on a folder or drive

I have a large number of drawing files spread through a number of folders on a drive. I need to be able to search for an item like a detail etc using key words. So the tool should be able to go through the dwgs and scan if such a detail exist on any of the drawings. Is there such a tool or LISP?

Thanks

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
3wood
in reply to: schicco

Not sure about what kind key words you have. Are they Mtexts? Texts? Block names? or Attributes?

Message 3 of 5
schicco
in reply to: 3wood

Thanks,

What I need is if I for example need a detail or anthing to do with HEAT TRACING, I will type "heat tracing" and the application should search thru different drawings to find which drawing has a detail or anything related to 'heat tracing'. Better if it can scan thru different folders on a drive.

Message 4 of 5
pbejse
in reply to: schicco

@schicco wrote:

Thanks,

What I need is if I for example need a detail or anthing to do with HEAT TRACING, I will type "heat tracing" and the application should search thru different drawings to find which drawing has a detail or anything related to 'heat tracing'. Better if it can scan thru different folders on a drive.

Try this link -->  Lee Mac Batch Find & Replace Text

Importatn to read the program description. The function is acutally Find And/OR Replace text. so dont feel let down 🙂

Message 5 of 5
PatrickHughes
in reply to: pbejse

Look into the Data Extraction tool.

Data Extraction Wizard

Patrick Hughes

Engineered Design Solutions
Developer of CadTempo - Cad Time Tracking
www.cadtempo.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost