Did you mean: 

Need a routine to Insert drawing frame.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Babear
680 Views, 8 Replies

Need a routine to Insert drawing frame.

Hi Dear guys.

My habit is drawing graphics first, then insert the drawing frame. Zoom in and out the frame. 

Not only I do this, Our whole company is doing so. 

The graphics sometimes big, sometimes small. So need  Zoom in and out the frame. 

I want pick 2 point to inset drawing frame. or choose graphics ,calculate the bounding box, automatic inset drawing frame.
Can automatically distinguish between horizontal or vertical frame, or through the dialog box to specify.

Some people want me use paper space.  The content of the title bar is not the same. eg. Material ,QTY.,Part Name,Drawing NO., etc. 
And ,later, How can I find the information, Maybe I will find graphice by Drawing NO. etc.

The drawing frame in attachments

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
lgabriel
in reply to: Babear

After you pick the two points, do you want to insert the frame which best fits the boundary box, keeping its apsect ratio intact?

Do you care about the scaling value of the frame or do you prefer the frame to be scaled up to fit the boundary box based upon standard architectural/mechanical scaling (i.e. 1/4"=1'-0", 1/8" = 1'-0". etc.)?

Message 3 of 9
dbroad

Customization for this kind of task is unnecessary.  It used to be about 15 years ago.  Now set up a drawing with two paper space layouts, 1 for each orientation (portrait and landscape).  Put one of the titleblocks(your term: frame) in each paper space and create a viewport into model space for each layout with your most often used scale.  Use pagesetup for each layout to preset for plotting.  Make model space current and set up your dimension and text styles and typical layers.  You can even put in typical notes if your work is that specific.  Then save the drawing as a template (dwt extension).

When you create a new drawing, the template will have everything you need. When you get done drawing the real stuff, just switch to paper space and scale the viewport.  Delete the layout you need and you're ready to plot at any time.

Good luck.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 9
lgabriel
in reply to: dbroad

I also suggest that you create all of the text that is in the frame as attributes within the block
Message 5 of 9
Babear

Thansk for reply. about  paper space  , I don't know next to nothing about layouts and viewports. I need some sample for learning. BTW. My English is very poor.

Message 6 of 9
Babear
in reply to: lgabriel

I think I see the hope, Thanks lgabriel.

Yes,keeping its aspect ratio intact.

Zoom frame ,Surrounded Graphics, Ignorethe scale value.

Message 7 of 9
dbroad

Which version of Autodesk do you have?

Do you use the ribbon?

It is basically a matter of using copyclip (CTRL+C) to copy your frame(titleblock) to the first layout.  If you have layout tabs on, just choose "Layout1" or something similar in our language.  Then paste your frame (titleblock) into that layout.  To create a viewport, just use _MVIEW (notice I don't know your language but the underscore will translate to my language.  Pick two corners of your frame for the viewport.  Left click on the viewport and choose the annotation scale you want.

Message 8 of 9
Babear

I use Autocad2010

What's the ribbon ?

Message 9 of 9
dbroad

It is the menu interface similar to Microsoft Office products.  Rather than using words primarily, it uses buttons, panels, and tabs.  If you are using AutoCAD 2010 you have it, but do not see it if you are using the classic workspace.  Ribbon came out in AutoCAD 2009.  Regardless of how or wheter you use the menus or ribbon, you should be able to enter the commands.  Find someone local to you that can speak your language and demonstrate how to use layouts( paper space).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost