Did you mean: 

Mtext background lisp problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1037 Views, 8 Replies

Mtext background lisp problem

I have a routine, developed for me through this forum, that selects text or mtext, converts to mtext if not already, and puts a background mask with 1.1 border. I was using it fine in Map 3D 2007, but have recently switched to Civil 3D 2012 where it does not work. I get this error message:

; error: no function definition: VLAX-ENAME->VLA-OBJECT

The lisp routine is attached.

Why does this not work in 2012? Can someone help me to get it to work?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you trying to use this on the label styles or just regular text or mtext in Civil 3D?  The label styles in Civil 3D have the option of using a background mask or not, you just have to set it in your label styles.  HTH

Message 3 of 9
alanjt_

Add (vl-load-com) to the top of the code.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: alanjt_

Good catch, I didn't look at the code.  I read a post in the Civil 3D forum that was trying to that to labels and no go.

Message 5 of 9
alanjt_

LoL, apparently I modified it for someone, at some point in time.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks, that worked. Why did it work before, and not before I made the suggested changes?

Message 7 of 9
alanjt_

Some other piece of code or the startup file must have loaded the ActiveX functions. It only has to be executed once per cad session. I keep it in my startup file.

Message 8 of 9
Shneuph

Congrats on the end of summer.  haha.

---sig---------------------------------------
'(83 104 110 101 117 112 104 64 71 109 97 105 108 46 99 111 109)
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

What can it be when (vl-load-com) doesn´t do the trick?

All my lisps work just fine.. and then they don´t. So I have to reinstall autocad to have them working again, and this every week. It works for a while than it starts getting this error message again (; error: no function definition: VLAX-ENAME->VLA-OBJECT).. I searched every where in the web and still couldn´t find the answer to this. I don´t know if this helps, but all lisps I use are related to area command.

Please help!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost