Did you mean: 

Merge Pulldowns

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
timsparks6941
702 Views, 8 Replies

Merge Pulldowns

How do I merge pulldowns?

I want to add a pulldown froma nother menu to a pulldown menu.

For instance, a call to a menu from the Acad Help pulldown.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: timsparks6941

So you want to add a menu item that you can pick in a drop down menu, which will open another drop-down menu?

Something like this maybe?
(menucmd "P5=*")

See more examples here:
http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2014/ENU/files/GUID-92DA21E0-1E33-45AD-B2F8-1AB788392E4B.htm
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
dmfrazier

If I understand you correctly (and I fear I may not), I would think the CUI editor (CUI command) is the place to do this.

If the "other menu" is in the same CUI file (or another one that is currently loaded), it's a simple task to "copy" and/or "move" elements from one place to another.

If the "other menu" is in a different CUI file that is not currently loaded, you will have to "transfer" (which is really "copy") the elements from that CUI to one of the CUIs you do have loaded.

"...a call to a menu from the Acad Help pulldown."

This statement is what gives me pause, however.  Can you explain further what you mean by "a call to a menu"?

Message 4 of 9
timsparks6941
in reply to: rkmcswain

That command makes the pop 5 location open.

No, what I want is a line of code that will open a pulldown from another menu like a flyout.

Message 5 of 9
timsparks6941
in reply to: dmfrazier

It's almost like a xref call.

I know how to create commands or copy and paste using transfer.

I don't want to change the calling menu, except to add a call to another menu.

The only way I know to do this is to call a pop from another menu and place it in a certain slot.

I don't know how to combine pulldowns, or if it is even possible.

Like an empty CUI that only has calls to other menus and combines two pops from two separate menus on to one pop in a menu (CUI).

Message 6 of 9
dmfrazier

"The only way I know to do this is to call a pop from another menu and place it in a certain slot."

And is this not working the way you want?

"I don't know how to combine pulldowns, or if it is even possible."

Aside from actually "copying" the elements (which appears to be something you don't want to do), I don't know if there is another way.

Message 7 of 9
timsparks6941

No, what I want to do is to create a cascade of a pop from another menu from a line in a pop.
Message 8 of 9
dmfrazier

Yes, I think I understand what you are after (and it seems it could be a nifty feature/strategy), but I don't think there is a way to do it.

Have you looked thru the CUIs you have loaded to see if there are any examples of this being done?

Message 9 of 9
timsparks6941

I'll cull through the cuis and see, but I agree that it would be a great feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost