Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a way to lock dwgs from certain users & log commands between saves

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kristian.pal86
264 Views, 3 Replies

Looking for a way to lock dwgs from certain users & log commands between saves

I am looking for some advice on some current issues we are having in my office.

We have mysterious unidentified people who are changing the drawings from one day to the next and we are having trouble keeping our drawings in order.  Because of this I am hoping to impliment a system which would allow us to have a folder filled with our completed sheets, and these sheets would only be accessible by certain people within the network. Also but not necessarily related, I would like to find a way where AutoCAD would log the goings-on of drawings, insofaras that it would create a notepad in a separate folder with when the drawing was opened and when it was saved and closed. If it logged the drawing commands performed during that time the drawing was open that would also be useful but not imperative. 

If anyone could point me in some direction or give me some advice as to what the best approuch to something like this would be. I am new to the community but interested in getting involved. I am an experienced Autocad user who is learning AutoLISP routines right now and am eager to continue learning in this field.

Thanks again

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

is this a common question, if so can someone direct me towards where I should be looking? I see a lot of views but no replies so far so Im guessing im missing something here
Message 3 of 4

I see the access issue has been answered elsewhere.  As for logging who opens a drawing, perhaps this will give you a start, and a Search [that's how I found that one] may well reveal other solutions.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4

Do you have an IT department or do you serve as the administrator. For locking out drawing access to certain users you might want to place the specific drawings in a shared folder and assign read/write privileges as needed.

For logging of user access times, it may be overkill for what you're looking for you might want to check out CadTempo linked in my signature. It will track a complete history of who opened a file and when.  

Patrick Hughes

Engineered Design Solutions
Developer of CadTempo - Cad Time Tracking
www.cadtempo.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost