Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisp values not appearing in command line

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
498 Views, 5 Replies

Lisp values not appearing in command line

I cannot determine what triggers this but the command line has stopped returning values from lisp expressions.

eg.  If I type (setq fred "Hello") I would expect to see "Hello" returned. I am getting nothing.  Similarly if I type !fred I get nothing.  If I restart AutoCAD the problem goes away.  The after some time it happens again.  Has anyone seen this?  Is there a toggle or switch or system variable that I'm not aware of?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hmsilva
in reply to: Anonymous

Autocad version?

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
alanjt_
in reply to: hmsilva

Dynmode?

Message 4 of 6
hmsilva

If your AutoCAD is 2013/2014, see the CLIPROMPTUPDATE System Variable, must be set to 1

Henrique

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hmsilva

Version is 2013.

Changing setting for DYNMODE, DYNPROMPT or CLIPROMPUPDATE appear to have no effect.  I need the problem to happen again to test thes sysvars.  Thanks for your ideas.

Message 6 of 6
elshawadfy

I also suffered from the same problem after executing some lisp routines.. i added this line tho the end of my routine and to my error handling function, and it solved the problem:

(setvar "CLIPROMPTUPDATE" 1) ;To fix the problem of lisp not returning values

** Thanks hmsilva ..

I don't know what triggered the problem in the first place.. since the autocad files behave normally upon start, and after executing some simple routines like (entget) repeatedly, that strange behavior occures.. hope someone has an answer..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost