Did you mean: 

LISP REQUEST

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AutoCAD_Client
355 Views, 4 Replies

LISP REQUEST

HI,

We have about 20 drafters in our office. Sometimes a particular drafter makes a request for a function. Currently to make them aware of this I send an alert however, it means the entire office will get the alert (the acaddoc.lsp is coppied from the sever to local wokstations every morning) rather then

We have about 20 drafters in our office. Sometimes as CAD manager I need to fix/ modify/ add a particular autocad function relative to a single user or selected group of drafters pending the situation.

Rather then kick the drafter off their seat and disturb his/ her working time I would like to know if anybody knows of a lisp that uses the user logon name as a trigger to callup/ load a particular function.

As example we have project leaders who require functions better left off limits to standard drafters.

Thanks-
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
thatcadguy
in reply to: AutoCAD_Client

{code}
(if (= "jdoe" (getvar "LOGINNAME"))
(progn
; do stuff
)
)
{code}

Regards, Jake

wrote in message news:6297769@discussion.autodesk.com...
> I would like to know if anybody knows of a lisp that uses the user
> logon name as a trigger to callup/ load a particular function.

Do you mean something like this?

(if (member
(getvar "loginname")
(list "JoeR" "LisaL" "AndyF" "ClarkG")
)
(do_this_function)
)

--
R.K. McSwain
http://cadpanacea.com
Message 4 of 5
dgorsman

(Right thread this time...)

As an alternative to the others, you could do it by adding a registry key to each the computers and checking for that key during the load process. Set the key to one of a preset range of values (long random keys if more security is required), with each key giving access to a certain level of loading e.g. "LOAD LEVEL A" for the main group, "LOAD LEVEL B" gives access to the base plus loads extended capabilities, "LOAD LEVEL C" gives access to everything including diagnostic tools.

Could be a little more useful if you have high turnover - keeping up to date on all the valid login IDs can be tasking.
----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
scot-65

I think Andrew Nao prepared this and shared
his program with this community.
I have not looked closely into this as it seems
this is what you are looking for...
See attachment.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost