Did you mean: 

lisp function as macro?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
The_Caddie
717 Views, 12 Replies

lisp function as macro?

I use the following lisp to navigate through my toolpalettes

(command "*_TOOLPALETTEPATH" "C:/path/to/My/atc/file")

Is it however possible to do this using a macro instead?

Thanks-

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: The_Caddie

Are you an LT user, or wish to do so for an LT user?
Message 3 of 13
BlackBox_

@pendean wrote:
Are you an LT user, or wish to do so for an LT user?

The OP clearly states that they use the above LISP... Besides, what does that even matter, given the question?

Macro:

^C^C*_TOOLPALETTEPATH;"C:/path/to/My/atc/file";

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 4 of 13
The_Caddie

Nope its not for lt, its for a vb.net program. the marcro will help prevent the user having to restart the autocad program when changes are made.

if done as a lisp the autocad  program needs to restart the system to reload the lisp 🙂

Message 5 of 13
BlackBox_

@The_Caddie wrote:

Nope its not for lt, its for a vb.net program. the marcro will help prevent the user having to restart the autocad program when changes are made.

if done as a lisp the autocad  program needs to restart the system to reload the lisp 🙂

No... It doesn't have to... It just needs to call LOAD on said LISP file to reload the code.

Message 6 of 13
pendean
in reply to: BlackBox_

You don't need to know: get over it 🙂
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 13
pendean

There is no lisp file: see original post and code shared, and need from the OP http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/lisp-function-as-macro/m-p/3935407#M3...
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 13
BlackBox_
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
You don't need to know: get over it 🙂

@pendean wrote:
There is no lisp file: see original post and code shared, and need from the OP http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/lisp-function-as-macro/m-p/3935407#M3...

I'm going to disregard your juvenile response this time, as I think you're confused, pendean.

Firstly, there's LISP code in the original post of this thread (which the OP said they use in a Tool Palette), and your initial post is to ask about LT?

AutoCAD LT doesn't support LISP, nor VB.NET which the OP clearly stated this is for in the link you just posted.

@ The_Caddie - 

Your inquiry may be better suited for the .NET Forum instead.

You see there's no need for LISP, or Macro at all if you're using .NET API, as you could instead easily use a SendStringToExecute() call within your custom CommandMethod, or Tool Palette Control's Button Object's Click event(s). *Going from memory*

Message 9 of 13
BlackBox_

@BlackBoxCAD wrote:

Firstly, there's LISP code in the original post of this thread (which the OP said they use in a Tool Palette)... 

Correction... The OP said they ''use the [abovementioned] lisp to navigate through [their] toolpalettes."

Like a wise man once taught me... I prefer clarity to agreement.

Separately, it would be great if users could actually modify their posts, to correct typos, etc. beyond the +/-2 minutes after their post (like every other CAD Forum allows)... You can do better, Autodesk, I believe in you.

Message 10 of 13
pbejse

@BlackBoxCAD wrote:
Separately, it would be great if users could actually modify their posts, to correct typos, etc. beyond the +/-2 minutes after their post (like every other CAD Forum allows)... You can do better, Autodesk, I believe in you.

Good luck with that BlackBox, Been there, done that. 😄

Maybe you'll have more influence than the rest of us. Perhaps more nagging form the forum members  and the moderators will finally give-in somehow.

pBe

Message 11 of 13
hmsilva
in reply to: pbejse

@pbejse wrote:

@BlackBoxCAD wrote:

Maybe you'll have more influence than the rest of us. Perhaps more nagging form the forum members  and the moderators will finally give-in somehow.

pBe

Off-topic

I fully agree!

Cheers

Henrique

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
BlackBox_
in reply to: pbejse

@pbejse wrote:

@BlackBoxCAD wrote:

Maybe you'll have more influence than the rest of us. Perhaps more nagging form the forum members  and the moderators will finally give-in somehow.

pBe

More influence than the Expert Elite... And just why would you think something like that?

I'm just a newbie. 

Message 13 of 13
BlackBox_

My apologies to The_Caddie; hopefully a moderator can split this unintended tangent into a separate thread.

That is all... Carry on.

*Heads down range to draw fire*

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost