Did you mean: 

Lisp for adding angular dim of all line crossing a polyline

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
stucker1103
612 Views, 1 Reply

Lisp for adding angular dim of all line crossing a polyline

Hello, 

I am looking for a way to select a polyline and then generate angular dimensions for all lines/polylines/etc. that cross the original polyline. I have a 125,000 ft polyline that I am needing all of the angles for crossing lines and would like to find a way to accomplish this without having to pick each crossing line individually and then dimension. 

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hencoop
in reply to: stucker1103

That's a tough one.

I have a solution for getting all of the intersections but only if they are with lines. The 125,000' polyline is fine, the intersecting objects need to be lines.  I do this by converting polylines with arcs so that they have multiple small-angle-of-deflection straight segments in place of the arcs and then exploding them.  The intersections at the arcs is close but not exact.  I record all of the intersecting data and then undo the exploding afterwards.  It was more complicated than I wanted to deal with to try to intersect a variety of entities or calculate exact arc intersections which is not necessary for my application.

Once you have the intersection the difficult thing (for me at least) is to create the dimension via autolisp.   If someone knows how to do this maybe together we can solve your problem.

My own solution has been to make a group containing an arc, two arrowheads, and the dimension text.  It works for me as it always looks exactly how I want it to look and it is easily constructed via autolisp.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost