Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking two attibutes together with fields

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sovby
272 Views, 3 Replies

Linking two attibutes together with fields

I would like to link two or more pieces of text or attributes together. i would assume that the way to do this would be to use fields. Is the way to do this with custom properties? Would i need to use sheet set manager to do this? Here is the issue. The drawings that we use that we get from our clients has the same information on multiple sheets & alot of times in different drawings. i would like to have it so if i change the attribute value in one place i would like it to update in the other area. I assume that i would have to use an attrbute with a field but i'm not sure if i need to create a custom property or if there is another way & also do i need to use sheet sets to make this happen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Lee_Mac
in reply to: sovby

Message 3 of 4
sovby
in reply to: Lee_Mac

It does not get much easier than that. Thanks Lee. What about if one of the attributes is in another drawing? Is the only way to do that sheet set custom properties?

Message 4 of 4
Lee_Mac
in reply to: sovby

sovby wrote:

It does not get much easier than that. Thanks Lee.

You're welcome sovby!

sovby wrote:

What about if one of the attributes is in another drawing? Is the only way to do that sheet set custom properties?

Unfortunately I have no experience working with sheet sets and so I couldn't advise you in that respect, but you are correct in that fields which reference objects will not work across drawings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost