Link attributed block with polyline to get Area

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Klingi162
2647 Views, 4 Replies

Link attributed block with polyline to get Area

Hey guys,

I'd like to set up a blockwith different attributes like Roomname, Floor, Area,...

Therefore I'd like to link a polyline of the drawing with the block and it shows me its area. I know how it works with fields, but not how to connect it when the field is within a block.

Is there a LISP for that?

Thanks for any help! Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lee_Mac
in reply to: Klingi162

Message 3 of 5
Klingi162
in reply to: Lee_Mac

Hey Lee,

seems you are the only one answering my questions. 😉 Thanks for that

It seems your LISP doesn't do the trick I'm looking for. I want to have a block which already is there before I draw the polyline that is linked to this block. Because your LISP only gives me an mtext and this is then a single object with no other attributes. 😞

Message 4 of 5
Lee_Mac
in reply to: Klingi162

@Klingi162 wrote:

Because your LISP only gives me an mtext and this is then a single object with no other attributes. 😞

The program linked above will prompt the user to select an attribute in which to house the field expression referencing the area or summation of areas of one or more objects.

There is no MText involved...

Message 5 of 5
Klingi162
in reply to: Lee_Mac

hey,

sorry, I didn't read the whole script. I just tried it and it workes great. Smiley Very Happy

I though it would work somehow different but this is also great. thanks a lot. finally I'm coming a little bit further to set up my autoCAD they way I want it.

maybe you also got some solutions to my other threads. 😉

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost