Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers conversion

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gccdaemon
352 Views, 4 Replies

Layers conversion

I'm in need of assistance. I've got a plan set that has to be phased. I need a routine that will match proposed layers to existing layers (like "LAYMRG") located in a template file and delete demo layers (like "LAYDEL"). If it would be easir for the layers to be imported into the DWG that is fine. All my proposed layers begin with "P-" as well as "E-" for existing and "D-" for demo. Colors and linetypes are different between existing and proposed. Here is an example of my layer naming:

--Existing--

E-BLDG

E-BLDG-TEXT

E-ROAD

E-ROAD-TEXT

--Proposed--

P-BLDG

P-BLDG-TEXT

P-ROAD

P-ROAD-TEXT

--Demolition--

D-BLDG

D-BLDG-TEXT

D-ROAD

D-ROAD-TEXT

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pbejse
in reply to: gccdaemon

@gccdaemon wrote:

I'm in need of assistance. I've got a plan set that has to be phased. I need a routine that will match proposed layers to existing layers (like "LAYMRG") located in a template file and delete demo layers (like "LAYDEL"). If it would be easir for the layers to be imported into the DWG that is fine. All my proposed layers begin with "P-" as well as "E-" for existing and "D-" for demo. Colors and linetypes are different between existing and proposed. Here is an example of my layer naming:

So you're saying for every layer with prefix P- would have an equivalent for D- and E-? and what color and linetype will that be for D and E?

Hang on. will that be via selection ? or create the new layers regardless if needed or not?

Message 3 of 5
gccdaemon
in reply to: pbejse

D- and E- are equivalent with the same colors and line types. P- has the equivalet of D- and E- but it also has additional layers such as erosion control that will be deleted. I don't need selection. All the layers are in the drawings by default (E- and D- will be in an existing base/survey file amd P- are in a proposed base file). What I'm aiming for, is for the program to delete the D- layers in the existing base file, and in the proposed base file merge layers and objects from the P- layer to it's corresponding E- layer. Better yet I will insert the proposed base file into the existing base file prior to conversion, so the need for referring to a template is unnecessary, and all the layers will be available for translation.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 4 of 5
sboudreau1
in reply to: gccdaemon

Usually I simply "rename" the layers instead of messing with the geometry.

Scotty

Message 5 of 5
gccdaemon
in reply to: sboudreau1

I would use that as well except I have several CAD noobs, so I'm trying to make the process as "error" proof as possible. I would normally use rename, laydel, laymrg and the layer translator to get it done, but I'm in need of simplifying the process.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost