Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer State - Need To Ignore Any Newly Created Layers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
omorah
326 Views, 1 Reply

Layer State - Need To Ignore Any Newly Created Layers

I searched but could not find what I was looking for; maybe I was not searching for right stuff.

Say we have a good size project going on with lots of view ports of a base map (floor plan or site plan).  Then we set the viewport layers the way we would like it, but along the way, we keep getting updated base maps (floor plan or site plan) with new layer created in them.  These newly created layers are for the originator and will not affect our project.

Is there a way to have our project set to ignore any newly created layer from the originator of the base files?  That is, we have our project (viewport layers) set the way we want it.  When we get an updated base file, replace the xref(s), our layer state will still be the same, ignoring any newly created layer, automatically.  I sure hope I am clear enough here.

Our problem is that when we get a new base file, then we would have to go to every file that has a viewport related to this new base file and turn off the new layers - this is kinda tedious.

Thanks in advance.

AutoCAD 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BlackBox_
in reply to: omorah

Your layer state should allow you to do this pretty easy... From Layer States Manager, see the 'Restore options', specifically the "Turn off layers not found in layer state" checkbox... You may need to resave your custom layer states.

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost