Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer State Manager - Drop-down on Toolbar?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
596 Views, 9 Replies

Layer State Manager - Drop-down on Toolbar?

On the Standard View Toolbar there is a dropdown for all the Named Views...Same with the USC Views? How about the Layer State Manager? would be much easier to just click through them on a drop down then to go through the menus. Thanks, Scott<-
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you mean the layer control?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Not available. I've created one with ObjectDCL's Dockable Dialog form - works great! jb
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Sorry Tom, no... Once the Layer Manager is up, you can press ALT-S and get the Layer State Manager. This is a feature in 2005, dunno about 2004. It allows you to save the state of all the Layers (on/off, frozen, VPFrozen, etc) Name them and restore any of the named states.. I want a drop down to allow me to switch between layer states. Currently I need to open the layer manager, then the state manager and click the state and then click restore. I want something like the Named Views has, click the drop down and go... Thanks, Scott<- "Tom Smith" wrote in message news:41f648fb$1_1@newsprd01... > Do you mean the layer control? > >
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

So is this just the state manager? Seems like when that Dialog is open you cant do anytyhing else, Does ObjectDCL's Dockable Dialog form get around that? Could you please provide more info? Thanks, Scott<- "James Buzbee" wrote in message news:41f65b39$1_2@newsprd01... > Not available. I've created one with ObjectDCL's Dockable Dialog form - > works great! > > jb >
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Sorry, I missed the word "state" on first reading. That's been in the layer manager since A2Ki, I think. I agree, this would be a good wish item. If you're constantly using the same named states, and there aren't many of them, you could make buttons with macros using the command line version of the layer command
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

If you go to the Customer Files News Group and download "jbLayerStatePOP.lsp" it will provide you with a way to restore local Layer States with a pop menu - like osnaps. When you run the jbLLPop command a pop menu will be displayed at the cursor location with all the current Layer States. This is a dynamic menu item so as you add or delete layer states the menu item will reflect the changes. NOTE that you will need a partial menu with the menugroup name of "jb40" - or you can edit the lisp file for your opwn partial menu. This might cover your needs. If you want to know how to do a dockable ObjectDCL form and programatically manipulate Layer States I can provide a programming example for that as well. jb
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks JB, I'll go anf Check it out! Scot<- "James Buzbee" wrote in message news:41f7b5a5$1_1@newsprd01... > If you go to the Customer Files News Group and download > "jbLayerStatePOP.lsp" it will provide you with a way to restore local > Layer States with a pop menu - like osnaps. When you run the jbLLPop > command a pop menu will be displayed at the cursor location with all the > current Layer States. This is a dynamic menu item so as you add or delete > layer states the menu item will reflect the changes. NOTE that you will > need a partial menu with the menugroup name of "jb40" - or you can edit > the lisp file for your opwn partial menu. > > This might cover your needs. If you want to know how to do a dockable > ObjectDCL form and programatically manipulate Layer States I can provide a > programming example for that as well. > > jb >
Message 9 of 10
tader1

Anyone seen this file, I've searched in file attachments.

jbLayerStatePOP.lsp
Message 10 of 10
elijahvoigt

Hello. Care to share what you came up with?

Civil 3D 2014
i7-3930K Overclocked
32 GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost