Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcuts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
esfransen
634 Views, 5 Replies

Keyboard shortcuts

All,

I have had keyboard shortcuts set for 2010 and earlier for osnap input such as SHIFT+S for insertion, SHIFT+E for endpoint, etc.  In 2011 I can use these once and then it just gives me the capital letter in the command line.  Any idears on what's gooing on?

Thanks,

Eric

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
esfransen
in reply to: esfransen

I just discovered this:  When I am not in a command and I press SHIFT+A for nea snap I get nea returned at the command line but while in the comand, I get sometimes, the first nea but not the next.

No comnad active gets this:

Command: nea Unknown command "NEA".  Press F1 for help.

Command: ins Unknown command "INS".  Press F1 for help.

Command: endp Unknown command "ENDP".  Press F1 for help.

Command: cen Unknown command "CEN".

In a command I get this:

Command: l LINE Specify first point:   Eendp (Pressing SHIFT+E for endp)
Invalid point.
Specify first point: Eendp
Invalid point.
Specify first point: Eendp
Invalid point.

Message 3 of 6
M_Hensley

Why don't you try switching from SHIFT + to CTRL + for shortcuts? They work better that way.

Message 4 of 6
TomBeauford

SHIFT+E works fine with 2011 on my computer.  They need to remain set up as Temporary Override Keys.  SHIFT+E is the default for endpoint and SHIFT+C for center.  Object Snap Override : Insertion is listed, but you need to set the key combination to use it.  Try not to change key combinations already assigned to a function to keep standard one functional.  Just like ENDP, INT, INS, etc... Temporary Override Keys should only work when a command is expecting a point.

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter
Message 5 of 6
esfransen
in reply to: TomBeauford

So it sounds llike I need to remove the keyboard short cuts that I had in place prior to migration.  Are the Temporary override keys on automatically or is the a system variable that I need to set?

Thanks,

Message 6 of 6
TomBeauford

Check out: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2006/OSNAPOVERRIDE/td-p/1299607

By default they should be on.  To use endpoint while in the line command press and hold SHIFT+E while snaping.  Kinda nice to be able to use the same keyboard shortcut for different things in different situations.  There's only so many key combinations available.

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost