Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcut for "arc,continue"

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dobiecx
2769 Views, 5 Replies

Keyboard Shortcut for "arc,continue"

I'm want to create a keyboard shortcut command for "arc, continue". I've tried to understand macros (still don't), but not sure if that's the right direction. I've explored teh CUI and there's no option in my aliases for anything that is in drop-down option. I'm using 2010. I would appreciate any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hmsilva
in reply to: dobiecx

@dobiecx wrote:

I'm want to create a keyboard shortcut command for "arc, continue". I've tried to understand macros (still don't), but not sure if that's the right direction. I've explored teh CUI and there's no option in my aliases for anything that is in drop-down option. I'm using 2010. I would appreciate any help.

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, dobiecx

Arc Continue is not an AutoCAD core command, is the command Arc with an enter, and the program assumes the last entered point as the first arc point...
You can only create aliases for core commands...

You can create (if you dont have one) a acaddoc.lsp file and write a autolisp function to to reproduce the Arc Continue

(defun c:arcc ();; change the arcc to the shortcut you want
  (command "_.arc" "" pause)
  (princ)
)

To test if you have a acaddoc.lsp copy/past at the command line

(findfile "acaddoc.lsp)

If returns a path is there were your file is, if nil you don't have one.
To create one, open the notepad or other, and copy/past the code, save the file in a Support File Search Path directory, and the AutoCAD will load it every time a DWG is opened.

HTH
Henrique

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
dbroad

a<space><space> too complicated?

No programming required for arc continue.  Just hit a space or return for the first point pick.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 6
ВeekeeCZ

You can do that in CUI. Just find "Arc, Continue" in commands, drag a drop into Keyboard Shortcuts/Shorcut Keys and add it some keys combination.

Message 5 of 6
dobiecx
in reply to: dbroad

I did not know I "a<space><space>" was worked like that. That'll do perfectly thank you!

Message 6 of 6
dbroad

You're welcome.  Glad to help.  Thanks for the solution flag.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost