Did you mean: 

Is there a tool to compact Mtext boxes?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JGAo1
556 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a tool to compact Mtext boxes?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has developed or knows of a tool that can help me.
I've inherited a project where the original drafter was inexperienced in AutoCAD.
One of the problems is that the width of mtext boxes have not been compacted down to the width of the text.

It would be impractical for me to open each mtext entry & double click on the ruler end, so I wondered if there is a routine that can do this with a selection of text in a drawing.

My own LISP experience is limited to creating shortcuts for regular commands (ZE-Zoom Extents etc.), so this is beyond my current limits.
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help, or point me in the right direction.

PS - One great tool I found was StripMtext from Steve Doman and Joe Burke at http://cadabyss.wordpress.com/. It removes additional formatting from Mtext. It is superb!
JGA
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: JGAo1

@JGAo1 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has developed or knows of a tool .... the width of mtext boxes have not been compacted down to the width of the text.

Search this forum for "Mtext Box" or "Mtext Boxes" -- you'll find several threads on the subject.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
JGAo1
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

OK, thanks for the tip

JGA
Message 4 of 4
JGAo1
in reply to: JGAo1

My apologies for not monitoring this thread more closely. Thanks to all who showed interest .

I'm pleased to report that the routine FX.lsp from http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/MText-Set-Limits-Box-to-minimum/m-p/1... works fine without a problem for both ANNOTATIVE & normal text.
It will change the width to the longest line of text in the mtext box. Now I just need it to change the height...

JGA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost