Did you mean: 

Invisible objects in the AutoCAD,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JamaL9722060
457 Views, 2 Replies

I’m not sure if there is any chance that some objects in the AutoCAD that can be invisible (other than turning off their layers).

In the attached CAD file, I wanted to convert the hatches to polygons using the FME software. The issue is that the converted polygons does match what we see in the AutoCAD file (attached).

I’m advised by the FME experts that some objects in the AutoCAD can be invisible while the FME displays them.

I’m wondering if there is a command in the AutoCAD or lisp file that can take of this issue. “Recover” has no effect in this case.

Thank you

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pbejse
in reply to: JamaL9722060

@JamaL9722060 wrote:

....The issue is that the converted polygons does match what we see in the AutoCAD file (attached)....

I’m advised by the FME experts that some objects in the AutoCAD can be invisible while the FME displays them....

You lost me there JamaL, Not sure what you meant by that statement of what FME actually does. 

On you sample drawing, what entities do you want to be in "invisible mode"?

is that while FME is running or before you invoke FME? I have an idea in my head but like i said, i dont know FME

Message 3 of 3
JamaL9722060
in reply to: pbejse

Thank you pbejse for the help,

Sorry for the confusion.

Let’s take another example: If the attached CAD file is open from the FME software then the indicated polygons (shown in the attached screenshots) appear. This happens before invoking the FME: I just open the CAD file from the FME. But as this file is open from the AutoCAD, these polygons are not displayed.

This is why I’m advised by the FME experts to apply some lisp files that can DETECTS such invisible objects and delete them.

I have already applied “recover” and “purge” with no luck to delete these “dirty” invisible obejcts.

FME software

http://www.safe.com/

---------------------------
Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost