importing hatch patterns

How do I load downpoaded hatch patterns into the hatch menu

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: markmccree

@markmccree wrote:

How do I load downpoaded hatch patterns into the hatch menu

There are a couple of ways.  You can copy/paste the pattern definition lines into ACAD.pat [provided the pattern name doesn't conflict with one already there], and it will be available in the Predefined pattern category.  Or you can put them in a separate file [in some location in the Support File Search Path list] whose file name is the name of the pattern plus .pat, and it will be available in the Custom pattern category.

In either case, make sure you end the last line of the file with Enter, that is, if you are in the file in something like Notepad, if you press ctrl-End, the cursor should go to an empty line below the last line of code.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
markmccree
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank you. however when I edit the cote in notebook and try to save .."access denied" pops up.

Message 4 of 5
markmccree

I am in version 2014

Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@markmccree wrote:

Thank you. however when I edit the cote in notebook and try to save .."access denied" pops up.

I would assume that ACAD.PAT is marked as read-only, or may be in a location that requires Administrator pivileges, or something.  You should be able to overcome those obstacles with the right setting adjustments or with the cooperation of the right person.

Or, try doing it as its own separate file first, even if only temporarily, to at least confirm that the pattern works.  Making a new file shouldn't involve any denial of access, or if it does, it should be only access to the location where you want to put it [Administrator privilieges again, as above].  But even then, you ought to be able to add a new location to your individual Support File Search Path list, that's not limited-access, and put it there.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost