Hyperlink in alert message?

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
mid-awe
1669 Views, 17 Replies

Hyperlink in alert message?

Hi all,

Is it possible to include a hyperlink with an alert message. I'm not finding any information.

I already know about VLA-LAUNCHBROWSERDIALOG, but I'd rather not launch two dialogs if not absolutely necessary.

Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
balisteor
in reply to: mid-awe

I'm assuming your talking about the alert function, and if so, the answer is no you cannot include a link with that, but I'm positive there are many other ways you can do that, if you go to www.lee-mac.com there is a popup tool there called "LM:Popup" with it you can ask multiple choice questions like asking the user if they want to follow a link with the dialog and have them select yes or no? But if you want to get even more advanced you can simply use opendcl and make a dialog that will whatever you wish of it.

Message 3 of 18
BlackBox_

FWIW - You could also use DOS_TrayWnd

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 4 of 18
balisteor
in reply to: BlackBox_

Very nice BlackBox, I forgot about that one. Kudo's to you.

Message 5 of 18
mid-awe
in reply to: balisteor

Thank you. I will take the OpenDCL route. I need some more practice with it anyway. 🙂
Message 6 of 18
mid-awe

That is sweet 🙂 Thank you. However, it may take an act of congress to get DOSlib on all the machines around here, but I like this approach very much.

Thank you 🙂
Message 7 of 18
mid-awe

In the mean time, I'm asking the user if they are interested in the content and if yes I just directly open the browser to the url with:

(vl-cmdf "_browser" lnk)

simple enough but I still prefer the OpenDCL method. Thank you all.

Message 8 of 18
BlackBox_

I'll have to look when I get back to my dev laptop, but if one is not already available, I'll create a DOSLib Autoloader .bundle and post it to my .bundle thrift shop:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=44028.0

Message 9 of 18
mid-awe

Wow, that is very generous of you. Thanks. 🙂
Message 10 of 18
BlackBox_

@mid-awe wrote:
Wow, that is very generous of you. Thanks. 🙂

McNeel did all of the hard work; I'm just trying to help. :thumbsup:

Message 11 of 18
BlackBox_

@BlackBox_ wrote:
I'll have to look when I get back to my dev laptop, but if one is not already available, I'll create a DOSLib Autoloader .bundle and post it to my .bundle thrift shop:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=44028.0

As promised; I've prepared an Autoloader .bundle for DOSLib (v9.0.1) at your local .bundle Thrift Shop, which supports 2010-2014 (R18 & R19), 32 & 64 Bit, and also includes the R17 32 & 64 Bit .ARX files in the event others still use those versions (as Autoloader only supports 2010+).

... Just download the .ZIP file attached at the bottom of the above linked post (free membership may be required), unblock, unzip, and place the resultant "McNeel-DOSLib.bundle" folder here:

%AppData%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\

Cheers

Message 12 of 18
mid-awe

Thank you! it works great.
The install directory is a little different than what you posted:
Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\
but, simple no nonsense install. Thank you again. Many great tools in here. 🙂
Message 13 of 18
BlackBox_

@mid-awe wrote:
Thank you! it works great.
The install directory is a little different than what you posted:
but, simple no nonsense install. Thank you again. Many great tools in here. 🙂

That is kind of you to say, mid-awe :beer:

FWIW - Autoloader supports three different ..\ApplicationPlugins\ folders (depending on which version you're using), all of which support:

... So unless you have multiple users that need access to these apps, you can simply move the one I provided here, and all will work normally. Your call.

For more information on Autoloader, Fenton wrote an Autoloader White Paper that was very helpful to me... Don't forget to read the comments at the bottom to avoid some gotchas. :thumbsup:

/OffTopic

Cheers

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 18
mid-awe

Right on. I assumed the directory was different for my version because I checked the:
and it didn't exist. Then I checked in:
and, of course it was present. I did not intend to insinuate that you were wrong only that I didn't know what I was doing 😉

Thank you for the link to the white paper, I certainly need to learn more about that.

BTW, I love all of the HTML functions in the DOS Lib. That is new from the last version I used (pre '06). I'm certainly going to dig in there.
Message 15 of 18
BlackBox_

No worries; I'm happy to help. 

Cheers

Message 16 of 18
BlackBox_

FYI - 

I have removed the Autoloader .bundle for DOSLib until I can obtain written permission - I know their tool is free, but that may not mean that I can provide this .bundle even though I gain nothing from it (they do) - In any event, it is for them to decide, since it is their work/product as a friend recently educated me (and they're right).

So again, the .bundle has been pulled down, and I will be contacting them providing them links to the two related threads to demonstrate the usage, and a copy of the .bundle I prepared of course for their review.

I can only hope that they will either give me permission, or better still, submit an Autoloader .bundle of their own to Exchange Apps store.

... More info to come, as I get it.

To anyone from, or in communication with McNeel, please accept my apologies for not first asking permission. I'm a long time fan of your product, and was simply attempting to help others gain accessibility to your great tools.

Cheers

Message 17 of 18
mid-awe

As a free software advocate, I fully understand. McNeel already provides a self extracting zip file which may be able to be directed to extract into the appropriate locations that we discussed above. So this thread is still quite useful for anyone attempting to utilize DOSLib.

BlackBox_, you have been very helpful even if they decide it is not in their best interest to allow the work that you have done.

Thank you again. 🙂
Message 18 of 18
BlackBox_

That is kind of you to say. :beer:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost