Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test that a .cuix had been load in acad.lsp?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
huanggy
1302 Views, 4 Replies

How to test that a .cuix had been load in acad.lsp?

We had a public computer that every designers will login and use AutoCAD to do something. so we need load the application and ribbon for the computer,not by user.

We know that we can add netload command in acad.lsp to load the application, but failed to manuload a cuix. First time is correctly, but failed to load  the cuix in the second times. because the menuload command meet problem to load a had been loaded cuix file.

So can we detect the cuix had been loaded or not before we use menuload to load the cuix file  in ACAD.LSP?

Any input is highly appreciated!

Gengyun

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: huanggy

If a CUIx must be loaded, make it partial to the Enterprise CUIx.  No manual loading necessary, and write-protected by design.  If you want to ensure certain user interface elements are present (ie. Ribbon tabs, menus) then make a workspace in the Enterprise CUIx and mandate that be used.  You can even provide the workspace name in the desktop icon using the \w "workspace name here" argument.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
jsowinski
in reply to: huanggy

I like what dgorsman outlined. I do the same thing in my office.

However, in addition to that I have used a simple line of code to check if a menugroup is loaded. The cuix file contains a MenuGroup.cui file that has the menu group name written inside of it. The menu group name is what's displayed in the dialog box when you perform a CUILOAD. Just write the name of the menugroup without the .cuix extension in between the quote marks. I don't believe that it's case sensitive. I have used it in AutoCAD Architecture 2008-2013.

As an example, if you have Express Tools loaded you can check for it by using...

(menugroup "EXPRESS")

It will either return the name of the menu group if found or nil if it can't find the name.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 5
huanggy
in reply to: jsowinski

Thanks, Jsowinski, and will try your suggestion!
Message 5 of 5
huanggy
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks, Dgorsman!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost