Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Valued Mentor
gjrcmb
Message 11 of 14 (240 Views)

Re: How to GETPOINT via Mouse Click Only??

12-24-2011 05:09 PM in reply to: CADaStroumph

Grread does provide the functionality that I was describing, so I will accept that as a solution, but at the sametime it also does have the shortcoming that Lee Mac describes.  It seems that the VBScript Sendkeys may be able to provide that type of fuctionality, however, at this time I don't think that the issue warrants me digging any deeper.  So I think that I may just keep the built-in AutoCAD coordinate input options, as that may be the best fuctionality compromise, and call it good.  I appreciate everyone's thoughts and assistance.  Nice to know I have options.  :smileyhappy:

Mentor
stevor
Message 12 of 14 (230 Views)

12-25-2011 09:45 AM in reply to: gjrcmb

Plenty of options, in addition to the relative point by data entry:  @X,Y, and  @2D<.

If you have some code to apply this to, post it,

try to save the formatting with the RichText tab.

S
Valued Mentor
gjrcmb
Message 13 of 14 (218 Views)

12-25-2011 10:43 PM in reply to: stevor

The question that I posed is in relation to a program that I put together as part of another posting, where you can find an attached lisp program:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2012/Dynamic-blocks-with-text-increments/m-p/3260670#M9263

Not really up on how to save in a format with Rich Text tabs, so perhaps you can enlighten me.  I actually have been using NotePad++ as opposed to the Visual Lisp window as of late, as I seem to have an easier time interpreting my opening and closing parenthesis.  However, that may just be that I need to be more versed in using the Visual Lisp application.

As I already have indicated to Lee Mac separately, a couple of his prior postings, albeit unknowingly, contributed to the development of my lisp program.  At any rate, I am essentially a newbie in the AutoLISP world, and if you all have any comments feel free to post a comment or drop me a private message.

Mentor
stevor
Message 14 of 14 (206 Views)

12-26-2011 06:46 AM in reply to: gjrcmb

1. Incremented array is a common application of autolisp, 

in its 2 decades of automation. 

LeeMac's site probably has an analog, as others do; and this forum has many.

Those methods can be applied to yours; but I avoid the dynamic type of blocks.

2. The 'Rich Text' tab should appear in the Reply page, this very window;

left side, under 'Body' or does in XP, etal.

It usually retains the paragraph formating, helpful in reading any code.

3. The only uses I can imagine for the GrRead function would be to reveal more

data as the cursor covers an object, like attached data, or to show certain

snap sites as in electrical wiring.

S
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.