Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO FIX ACDB TABLE LINETYPE REFERENCES?

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
3366 Views, 18 Replies

HOW TO FIX ACDB TABLE LINETYPE REFERENCES?

This issue has been driving us mad. This seems to be at the heart of the problem, our custom linetypes not being added to the database although we have them defined in the acad.lin that (findfile "acad.lin") points to.

Reading handle DEC4 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEC8 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DECC object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DECD object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DED4 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEDB object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEDC object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEDD object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEE3 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEE4 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEE8 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEE9 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEEA object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DEEB object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DF12 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DF13 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DF14 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DF15 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded Reading handle DF16 object type AcDbLinetypeTableRecord         Error 13 (eUnknownHandle)                       Object discarded

Replacing linetype table record at index 15.

Replacing linetype table record at index 19.

Replacing linetype table record at index 23.

Replacing linetype table record at index 24.

Replacing linetype table record at index 31.

Replacing linetype table record at index 38.

Replacing linetype table record at index 39.

Replacing linetype table record at index 40.

Replacing linetype table record at index 46.

Replacing linetype table record at index 47.

Replacing linetype table record at index 51.

Replacing linetype table record at index 52.

Replacing linetype table record at index 53.

Replacing linetype table record at index 54.

Replacing linetype table record at index 56.

Replacing linetype table record at index 57.

Replacing linetype table record at index 58.

Replacing linetype table record at index 59.

Replacing linetype table record at index 60.

Salvaged database from drawing.

Is the recover messages, so....how can we fix this?

Thanks in advance for any insights..

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
fenton.webb
in reply to: Anonymous

can you post a sample dwg with the lin files?

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: fenton.webb

I sure can.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous

.lin file is an invalid extension to attach so I copied the text out and put it in a .txt file which I'm uploading now. It is the same that is in our acad.lin file that is pathed to

Message 5 of 19
fenton.webb

Thanks for that...

And some steps to repro?

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

In order to get the errors you may have to load the custom linetypes into the drawing via linetype, then move the drawing to another machine that does not have the linetypes loaded (a regular acad.lin file w/o custom linetypes) and have that machine open the dwg, set the current layer to one of inst-L2 through inst-L5 and draw a line, then delete the line.

Once that machine has deleted the line and saved the dwg, when opening on the original machine that has the linetypes loaded already, is usually when we were getting the errors.

I am not certain if this will reproduce without our linetype files, which I can provide you if another option that this forum' attachments is available (due to .shp and .shx not able to be attached, which is strange in of itself)

Thanks again for your time and your attentions, solving this issue or at least finding the cause in case it creeps up again for us would be very useful.

Message 7 of 19
nedwards9820

We have a similar problem with corrupted linetype references, and we would like to delete these linetype references, so is there a way to do this?  In the DXF files we see long lists of corrupted linetypes, and these cause some drawngs to be so slow that they become unworkable.

The references we'd like to remove look like this in the DXF file:

AcDbDictionary
1000 SEAT L3$0$Nihhon Sekkei Archi Dwgs.dgn-StrokePattern-20
1000 SEAT L3$0$Nihhon Sekkei Archi Dwgs.dgn-StrokePattern-39477
1000 SEAT L3$0$Nihhon Sekkei Archi Dwgs.dgn-StrokePattern-39478
1000 SEAT L3$0$Nihhon Sekkei Archi Dwgs.dgn-StrokePattern-39479
35A
1000 SEAT L3$0$Nihhon Sekkei Archi Dwgs.dgn-StrokePattern-5625
35B

And suggestions?

-ne

Message 8 of 19
fenton.webb

Loading your lin file, it has corrupted line type definitions - do you see the same thing?

I believe this is more of a product issue rather than an API issue. Obviously, using the API you could remap the recovered linetypes back to the originals - but surely the solution here is to make sure that the linetype file exists on the new machine - doesn't etransmit help here? (sorry, I'm not a user of AutoCAD so I might be being dumb asking this :-))

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

Intreresting, the lin files come in without any messages for us, though surely that is the problem

Message 10 of 19
fenton.webb
in reply to: nedwards9820

Does the -purge command not help?

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

It does not

Brandon Hull
Pipe Designer

[cid:lecgeneralsignature134845]

Phone (281) 484-5266 | Cell
www.l-con.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

WARNING: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
Message 12 of 19
nedwards9820

I have purged and done everything I can think of to get rid of these
corrupted linetypes. I'm attaching a drawing with just a few polylines in
it. Can anyone rid me of this troublesome linetype?

-ne
Message 13 of 19
fenton.webb

can't see the DWG file?

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 14 of 19
nedwards9820

I replied direct from email with the drawing attached.  I guess the text makes it to the forum but not the attachment.  I'm attaching the drawing from the forum now.

thanks

For some reason I can't attach it as a .dwgso I've renamed the file with a .txt extension

-ne

Message 15 of 19
fenton.webb

thanks for sending the dwg file.

I loaded it into AutoCAD 2014 then examined the DWG structure using the MgdDbg app, and I failed to find anything wrong? Here's a sreen shot of the Mgddbg app examining the database, as you can see - it seems ok. I also tried a recover on the DWG file, it reports an issue with a dimstyle but that's it.

8-9-2013 1-33-42 PM.jpg

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 16 of 19
nedwards9820

PLease try writing the file out to dxf format and you will find the
linestyles listed. They appear benign in small files, but when the files
get large and used as xres, the embedded Microstation .dgn lientypes make
the drawing almost unusably slow.

I can post examples of bigger files, but I'm pretty sure the problem lies
in these corrupted linetypes -- so I'd like to be able to delete them --
especially as they are not used,

-ne
Message 17 of 19
fenton.webb

Thanks, I didn't know this was related to DGN - you probably have already seen this post, did it help? http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2013/07/minor-update-to-the-dgn-purge...

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 18 of 19
fenton.webb

and this link mentioned at the end http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22002791&linkID=9240618

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 19 of 19
nedwards9820

Thanks -- i didn't know about the DGNPURGE command.  I'm running AutoCAD14 and I didn't need the hotpatch.

DGNPURGE seems to work.

We still have a major problem with our drawings even after multiple DGNPURGE's.  But if we select all the text in the drawing and just delete the lot, the problem (extreme slowness when drawing over an xref) is fixed.  Brutal, but effective.

-ne

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost