Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Menu please

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
mgodfrey
216 Views, 15 Replies

Help with Menu please

In my custom menu, I have a routine, I call, but before doing so I want to add the text "Make 2 Circles First", then allow for that to happen and then run a routine. Here is what I got, but it isn't working:

[Create Circular Detail of Drawing]^C^C_"Make 2 Circles First"cr;/cr;detail;

Thanks for the help if you can.
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: mgodfrey

Do you mean you what "Make 2 Circles First" to appear as an alert to the user? If so (alert "Make 2 Circles First") or (princ "Make 2 Circles First") "cadman_meg" wrote... > In my custom menu, I have a routine, I call, but before doing so I want to add the text "Make 2 Circles First", then allow for that to happen and then run a routine. Here is what I got, but it isn't working: > > [Create Circular Detail of Drawing]^C^C_"Make 2 Circles First"cr;/cr;detail; > > Thanks for the help if you can.
Message 3 of 16
mgodfrey

This is what I have now, and it still doesn't work right:

[Create Circular Detail of Drawing]^C^C_(alert "Make 2 Circles First")cr;cr;detail;

Can someone fix it. I like the idea of the alert box, but that didn't even pop up. I also need to allow for user input twice for the circles to be drawn and I thought the input macro was"?", but that didn't seems to work.

Also, I comment in my menus and was using ";" and then "/", until I started getting menu parsing errors. What can I use that won't disrupt things? Thanks and hope to get this resolved.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

I would advise that you spend an hour or two reading up on menu customization in the Developer's Guide. [Create Circular Detail of Drawing]^C^C(alert "Make 2 Circles First");_.circle;\\_.circle;\\detail; -- R. Robert Bell "cadman_meg" wrote in message news:2616969.1079042114453.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... This is what I have now, and it still doesn't work right: [Create Circular Detail of Drawing]^C^C_(alert "Make 2 Circles First")cr;cr;detail; Can someone fix it. I like the idea of the alert box, but that didn't even pop up. I also need to allow for user input twice for the circles to be drawn and I thought the input macro was"?", but that didn't seems to work. Also, I comment in my menus and was using ";" and then "/", until I started getting menu parsing errors. What can I use that won't disrupt things? Thanks and hope to get this resolved.
Message 5 of 16
mgodfrey

Thanks for the help there Robert. I normally do try and referring to my guides before posting.

So what about commenting out. Have tried what I normally do which is";", but it is causing that parsing error. Can someone help me here? Thanks.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

That was the question I was trying to get you to read up on. ;^) Where did you get the idea that you could comment a menu file by using the semi-colon? The 2nd page in the chapter "The Menu File", the page called "Overview of Menu Files" answers your question. -- R. Robert Bell "cadman_meg" wrote in message news:5517626.1079111645311.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... Thanks for the help there Robert. I normally do try and referring to my guides before posting. So what about commenting out. Have tried what I normally do which is";", but it is causing that parsing error. Can someone help me here? Thanks.
Message 7 of 16
mgodfrey

I do not have the developers guide. I have another book, but for some reason I am just not finding it. I wouldn't ask if I could readily find my answer. So could someone tell me please without directing me to books. I like referring to documentation just as much as the next guy before asking, but in this case, I am just not having any luck. And I do not know what made me start commenting with the ";". It worked up until recently without getting the parsing error. So I hope to hear from someone. Thanks.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

In AutoCAD. Developer's Guide. -- R. Robert Bell "cadman_meg" wrote in message news:15809169.1079117768817.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... I do not have the developers guide. I have another book, but for some reason I am just not finding it. I wouldn't ask if I could readily find my answer. So could someone tell me please without directing me to books. I like referring to documentation just as much as the next guy before asking, but in this case, I am just not having any luck. And I do not know what made me start commenting with the ";". It worked up until recently without getting the parsing error. So I hope to hear from someone. Thanks.
Message 9 of 16
mgodfrey

I got it figured out. But I have to say, you shouldn't always assume that someone didn't do there homework prior to posting. I know there are those that are vice versa, but not the case with me. If you don't want ot give the answer or feel it is easily recoverable, then leave it to the next person, rather than saying look it up. Just don't assume. Thanks for the help though. Till next time.
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

For me, its VLIDE -> -> Contents ->Customization Guide ->Custom Menus "R. Robert Bell" wrote in message news:405209ea_2@newsprd01... > In AutoCAD. Developer's Guide. > >
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

I was assuming (naughty me!) the VLIDE wasn't open... only AutoCAD. -- R. Robert Bell "Doug Broad" wrote in message news:40520d01$1_1@newsprd01... For me, its VLIDE -> -> Contents ->Customization Guide ->Custom Menus "R. Robert Bell" wrote in message news:405209ea_2@newsprd01... > In AutoCAD. Developer's Guide. > >
Message 12 of 16
mgodfrey

I see where you are referring to now. I thought you were talking about a book. Excuse me. Thanks. For those who were wondering, it is "//"
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Hi Robert, I can't get to the developer documents straight from AutoCAD without going through VLIDE or using the explorer to find the CHM file. Regards, Doug "R. Robert Bell" wrote in message news:4052124b_1@newsprd01... > I was assuming (naughty me!) the VLIDE wasn't open... only AutoCAD. > > -- > R. Robert Bell
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

Yeah! -- R. Robert Bell "cadman_meg" wrote in message news:15830281.1079121473221.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... I see where you are referring to now. I thought you were talking about a book. Excuse me. Thanks. For those who were wondering, it is "//"
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

You might try adding this to your startup suite: (defun c:dev () (help "acad_dev") (princ) ) Which defines a DEV command which launches the Developer's help. Matt mstachoni@comcast.net mstachoni@bhhtait.com On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:55:15 GMT, cadman_meg wrote: >I do not have the developers guide. I have another book, but for some reason I am just not finding it. I wouldn't ask if I could readily find my answer. So could someone tell me please without directing me to books. I like referring to documentation just as much as the next guy before asking, but in this case, I am just not having any luck. And I do not know what made me start commenting with the ";". It worked up until recently without getting the parsing error. So I hope to hear from someone. Thanks.
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

A2k4 and A2k5 has them on the main menu. But thanks for pointing that information out for any others that might not find it there. -- R. Robert Bell "Doug Broad" wrote in message news:40521700$1_1@newsprd01... Hi Robert, I can't get to the developer documents straight from AutoCAD without going through VLIDE or using the explorer to find the CHM file. Regards, Doug "R. Robert Bell" wrote in message news:4052124b_1@newsprd01... > I was assuming (naughty me!) the VLIDE wasn't open... only AutoCAD. > > -- > R. Robert Bell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost