Did you mean: 

Help with Autolisp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vivifira
601 Views, 4 Replies

Help with Autolisp

Hi everyone,

I have just recently learned how to use Autolisp and I have a few questions. The first one is that I would like to identify and object like a text field on startup and have a reactor attached to it so when I change the text in the field it will automatically change 1 or more text field else where. I would also like to know if there is a way to target data in a table to achieve this. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: vivifira

Ask this question in the customizing and vlisp forum. Get better results there.
Message 3 of 5
vivifira
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks. I didn't know that forum existed.

Message 4 of 5
p_mcknight

It is possible.  That siad, you might find the actual "field" command already does what you want.  If you want something custom (other than the standard file properties fields) or linked to an automation of yours you can even assign fields to lisp variables.  My initial recomendation would be to experiment with that first.  To access the dialog box just type in field at the command line.  Let me know if this doesn't do what you would like.

Message 5 of 5
dbroad

Fields themselves should be able to do this without reactors or lisp.

If you change a text entity, a object type field can report the contents of that text somewhere else.  The change may not update immediately but will update eventually.  So several fields can refer to the same source object.  If that is not the correct scenario, please be specific about what you expect the lisp to do.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost