Did you mean: 

Help file 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
244 Views, 3 Replies

Help file 2015

Hi

I downloaded and installed the help file for Autocad 2015

Can someone please help me with an help file os some sort of discription on how to work with the help file of Autocad 2015.

If i open the help file all i can see is a stupid non workable "the hichhiker's Guide" wich tell you nothing and only brings confusion.

What i want to see is an help file like it was back a few years ago with a nice overview of topics you could choose

Like comand reference wich shows you the complete list of all the command and systemvariable's that Autocad has

In the 2015 version its gone.

They only show the new and modified ones bud i dont care about that

I want to see all the things in 1 list.

See the pic i added

This shows the help file of 2014 and how it should be looking like

The 2015 version doesn't look like this at all

I only have a 120GB harddrive in my head so its impossible for me to remeber everything that Autocad has to offer.

A helpfile is ideal for this.

I hope someone can help me.

Kind Regards

Don

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BlackBox_
in reply to: 276040

@d.grapendaal wrote:

What i want to see is an help file like it was back a few years ago with a nice overview of topics you could choose

Like comand reference wich shows you the complete list of all the command and systemvariable's that Autocad has

I want to see all the things in 1 list.

Autodesk no longer offers a user endorsed help file / documentation.

Heck, it's taken multiple rounds of Alpha\Beta testing just to get them to allow the online help to display the GUID-based URL for each useful help topic you can actually find. 

Instead of providing a tree view or table of contents, they'd rather you spend more time hunting down what you're looking for... You know, because you've obviously memorized everything you could possibly need to know by precise topic and keyword... You don't need no stinking table of contents.

... Just 'search' they say.

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 3 of 4
BeKirra
in reply to: 276040

The help files are helpless and hopeless since R2012 (?)

The last "good" version of the help files is R2011, if I remembered correctly.

I and some guys have already had similar posts back in couple years but Autodesk doesn't seem to listen to its customers/users.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 4 of 4
in reply to: BeKirra

There are other programs as well so Autodesk should think about this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost