Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greyed out Lisp Applications

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eastpointq
1864 Views, 1 Reply

Greyed out Lisp Applications

I was using a steel shapes lisp routine, and suddently it will not load, and just reads *cancel* in the command line after typing in the command to prompt the lisp routine.  When I access appload, that specific lisp and several others are greyed out.  I have the lisp routine saved in a folder which is mapped to the Support File Search Paths folder in the options dialog box, so I know that is not the problem.  I am running 2013, and have been for a while without any issues.  Any thoughts???

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Gary_J_Orr
in reply to: eastpointq

Once you load a lisp file into a document it (and all of the functions within it) become part of the document's "namespace"... That is the reason that it is "greyed out" and you cannot use the "unload" on it.
The only way to remove it is to reopen the drawing. Of course, if there was an unhandled error within the routine (or one of it's subs) the best way to crear any resident issues is to close the drawing and reopen it...
A pain in large drawings to be sure, but... that's just the way it works...
A thought on something to consider (if reopening the drawing doesn't clear things up that is)... Have you recently applied any service packs or done anything else that may have changed your AutoCAD environment?
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost