Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find and replace text using action recorder

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
teddypinder
433 Views, 3 Replies

find and replace text using action recorder

I am trying to find a way to use find function within action recorder but coming up empty. The Diaglog box for find opens but the search text does not get recorded in action recorder.

Am I missing another way to do this? I'm new to to AutoCAD so thank you for your help in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: teddypinder

The action recorder does not support dialog boxes but I can't see how using the action recorder could improve find much anyway.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 4
teddypinder
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks for the response. What I would like for action recorder to do is automatically search through a drawing for text string called, for example, "TRI" and replace it with "MD". Find command does open up a dialog box but is there any way to do find and replace via commandline?

We had a similar problem with automating changes within an Enhanced Attribute Editor dialog box but there was a command called "ATTIPEDIT" to get around the dialog box.

Message 4 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: teddypinder

If you need to change just attributes, then use the -attedit command with the global setting.

Example:  -attedit n n * * * <oldstring> <newstring>

If you need to change all kinds of text, mtext, dimension text, and attributes, then a lisp or vba program can accomplish that.  While a lisp program could do it, automatically changing all the text often yields bad results for me because I fail to realize how a pattern is distributed in unexpected ways.  The find command preview feature keeps lots of mistakes from occuring.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost