Did you mean: 

F1 for toolbars

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
divanova
409 Views, 2 Replies

F1 for toolbars

Hi all,

I am trying to add F1 support to our custom commands in .cuix file, so that when the mouse is hovering on a button in ribbon or toolbar and the user presses F1 our help file is opened.

The only way I have found untill now is using the acedSetFunHelp() function when registering the commands (using acedRegCmds->addCommand()) and this works when F1 is pressed while the command is executed or the mouse is over the button in a ribbon, but its not working when the mouse is hovering on the same command in the toolbar.

I have tested F1 behavior also for some of the AutoCAD commands (AutoCAD 2012). Its working for "spline", but not for "line" button, both in a toolbar. For "spline" the help is opened on the page explaning the command, for "line" - on the page for searching in the help.

Is this desired behavior? Am I missing something? Is there other way to assign F1 to a command so it can be accessed through ribbon AND toolbar?

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fenton.webb
in reply to: divanova

please check out the ADN DevBlog for details on this topic http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 3 of 3
alanjt_
in reply to: divanova

Take a look at the setfunhelp function.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost