Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting attribute values and assigning to variables

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rudrasree
394 Views, 3 Replies

Extracting attribute values and assigning to variables

How can specific attribute values be extracted from a drawing and assigned to a variable in lisp. 

The existing title block is having attributes : Area, Sub area, Description, Drawing type. I want to extract this values and assign it to some variable which I have already listed and then it shall be assigned to some other attributes in the same drawing with Area1, Subarea1, Description1, Drawing type1... and so on.. Both the attributes shall be in the same drawing file.

Any idea.....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pbejse
in reply to: rudrasree

@rudrasree wrote:

How can specific attribute values be extracted from a drawing and assigned to a variable in lisp. 

The existing title block is having attributes : Area, Sub area, Description, Drawing type. I want to extract this values and assign it to some variable which I have already listed and then it shall be assigned to some other attributes in the same drawing with Area1, Subarea1, Description1, Drawing type1... and so on.. Both the attributes shall be in the same drawing file.

Any idea.....

Same drawing attribute within the  same block entity?  or two diffrent blocks? 

Message 3 of 4
rudrasree
in reply to: pbejse

these blocks are in the same drawing but different block.... say Titlea3 & Titlea3new...

Message 4 of 4
pbejse
in reply to: rudrasree

@rudrasree wrote:

these blocks are in the same drawing but different block.... say Titlea3 & Titlea3new...

Block name: ?

Source TAG names: ?

Destination TAG names: ?

or better yet.  post a sample drawing [remove all confidential information]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost