Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Linetype From DWG File?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
doni49
5655 Views, 5 Replies

Extract Linetype From DWG File?

I've got a linetype that's part of our autocad template file and has been for so long that nobody around here even knows where the original lin file is.

I need to extract the linetype out so that I can make some minor modifications.  I did do a search and found a nifty lsp routine from Paul Turvill.  (Here's the thread that pointed me there:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/Extracting-Linetypes/m-p/1037624/high...).

I ran it and it SEEMED to work.  All the linetypes in the file it created look good EXCEPT for the one I needed to extract.

That one looks like this in the lin file:

*TREELINE,Series of arcs used to indicate tree drip lines
A,0.0001,-0.0001,

The linetype DOES display properly in the dwg file (meaning lines drawn using it look good).

Any ideas/suggestions?

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: doni49

It may be too complex a linetype (or rely on a shape font perhaps?): can you share a DWG file with it in there?

Message 3 of 6
doni49

I made a file with 1 line which has the linetype in question assigned to it.  That dwg file is attached.

I've also attached the lsp file I'm using.

TIA!

EDIT:  You'll probably want the shx file too.  I've attached it.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain

Another idea.

Just keep a drawing where it's loaded in your standards and use DesignCenter to load it into other drawings. No LIN file ever needed.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 6
doni49
in reply to: rkmcswain

The reason I'm after the lin file is so that I can change the size of the arcs.

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 6
wkiernan

I used DUMPSHX.EXE from AutoCAD 2007 Express Tools to decompile your TREE.SHX and got this:

;;
;;  AutoCAD SHP file generated by dumpshx.exe
;;

*000D6,5,TREE1
1,10,(3,-044),0

*000D7,5,TREE2
1,10,(5,-044),0

I tried to attach it as a file (tree.shp) but the board won't let me attach a file with the extension .shp so you'll have to copy-n-paste out of this comment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost