Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a single (custom) toolbar for another user

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
powermixx
169 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting a single (custom) toolbar for another user

We are using vanilla AutoCAD 08. I made a toolbar with custom icons and code. Is it possible to export that toobar only? I want to distribute this toolbar and it's icons to other users, but not force them to use or receive my GUI setup. Is it possible to do a single custom toobar and buttons? Thanks!

Robert
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AdammReilly
in reply to: powermixx

You can give them your cui file with the toolbar in it, and they can load it as a partial cui, then they can turn on the toolbar in their workspace.

Adam Reilly

Dell Precision 55400
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Xeon E-2276M 2.80GHz, 64bit
NVidia Quadro T2000 Mobile/Max-Q

LinkedIn | Twitter

Group Leader badge

Austin CADD User Group

LinkedIn | Discord

Message 3 of 3
mdhutchinson
in reply to: powermixx

It's best to have a enterprise cui file that all users have in their profile ... but a side from that... you can easily create and save a new cui file containing only the toolbar of interest... then open that cui file on the other machine and drag and drop it into the other users cui. You'll need to give them also the bitmap image...
but again, it is much easier to use an enterprise cui file with a set of bitmaps that can be accessed from a network location. If you don't have a network server... than you'll have to resort to a much older method of transferring/sharing files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost