Did you mean: 

Exploding Mtext makes result scaled down and thrown across the screen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joshman
262 Views, 2 Replies

Exploding Mtext makes result scaled down and thrown across the screen

Greetings,

I am not what you would call a noob but I am self taught. This being said, I have been playing with Autocad for about 8 years now and I use it daily at work.

I am trying to explode some text using txtexp. When I do that, it does explode but it scales it to just over 1/25th the size and sends it off to the upper right of the screen.

This doesn't happen EVERY time but there is no rhyme or reason to it. I tired Autocad 2004, 2006, and 2007. I tried individual texts and multiple.

Attached is a photo of the issue just after the explosion.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
scottbolton
in reply to: joshman

Josh,

I had a similar problem when I exploded Bentley elements. It turned out the elements' UCS was not 0,0,0 - maybe there's a similar issue here?

Type (assoc 11 (entget (car (entsel)))) in the VLIDE and select one of the offending MTEXTs prior to exploding it. Does it return, (11 1.0 0.0 0.0)? If not then that's your problem; if it does then it's still your problem as I haven't a scooby!

S
Message 3 of 3
joshman
in reply to: joshman

I tried the above and it returned (11 1.0 0.0 0.0)

Update:

I ended up copying the text, pasting the text, exploding one of the text and scaling it to find a scale that would work to get it the right size again. The closest I have found is a scaling of 25.4

Now, 25.4 is a magical number. That is what I would use to convert inches to millimetres. In other words 1 inch = 25.4mm

I hope this is insight to what my problem here may be. I have found that scaling works for now but what a pain. Edited by: Joshman on May 3, 2010 7:27 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost