Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding objects from OSNAPs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BigDumbWeirdo
468 Views, 4 Replies

Excluding objects from OSNAPs

I just searched the forum for a way to exclude certain objects from being snappable, and all I could find was a couple of posts by user Tanzillo, Tony, where he links to a file at http://www.caddzone.com/flatland.zip, which makes certain layers 'unsnappable'.

Unfortunately, this link is no longer valid.
Does anyone know of an archived version of this, or of where I can find another, similar tool?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

bump

Message 3 of 5
M_Hensley
in reply to: BigDumbWeirdo

Tony Tanzillo's Flatland is an arx program that must be purchased. At one time there may have been a free version, but no longer and thus the broken link.

The part you refer to is the OSNAPLAYERS command and it allows you to selectively disable running object snaps for all objects on one or more layers.

He used to sell this through his website www.caddzone.com, but I don't know if he still does. When I try to go to his website from work it is blocked due to "unacceptable content".

Message 4 of 5
BigDumbWeirdo
in reply to: M_Hensley

The website is gone, it's just one of those placeholder sites servers throw up with a bunch of similar sites they host. I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has the free copy he was posting here, or knows a thing or two about a method I could use to make my own version.

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: BigDumbWeirdo

ARX files are somewhat dependant on AutoCAD version, so you may not be able to use it even if it was available.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost