Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel: Spaces in folder names

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
205 Views, 3 Replies

Excel: Spaces in folder names

How do I open an excel file when I have spaces in the folder or file name. When I try to do startapp and then the folder/file path and name it does not like it. Can anyone offer suggestions (setq sd-status-path (strcat "f:/aproject/2234" " Plum" " Canyon/Engr/STORM " "DRAIN/")) (setq sd-status-name "sd-status.xls") (startapp "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/EXCEL"(strcat sd-status-path sd-status-name)) Thanks Richard
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i wound up having to use doslib / dos_exewait. the added benefit here is that acad waits for excel to be closed. doslib is free at www.mcneel.com (dos_exewait (strcat "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\EXCEL.EXE \"j:\\1999\\99142\\PAD B\\sheet index.csv\" \/p " \"j:\\1999\\99142\\PAD B\\\" ) 1) daron "RichardG" wrote in message news:404f8b85$1_2@newsprd01... > How do I open an excel file when I have spaces in the folder or file name. > When I try to do startapp and then the folder/file path and name it does not > like it. Can anyone offer suggestions > > (setq sd-status-path (strcat "f:/aproject/2234" " Plum" " Canyon/Engr/STORM > " "DRAIN/")) > > (setq sd-status-name "sd-status.xls") > > (startapp "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/EXCEL"(strcat > sd-status-path sd-status-name)) > > Thanks > > Richard >
Message 3 of 4
kozmos

(setq sd-status-path (strcat "f:/aproject/2234" " Plum" " Canyon/Engr/STORM
" "DRAIN/"))

just try to add a double "\042" at the start and end of the variable of the file such as
"\042c:\\program files\\myfiles\\test excel.xls\042"
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Kozmos the man...... is what you are! thank you very much Richard "kozmos" wrote in message news:21971227.1078978454598.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > (setq sd-status-path (strcat "f:/aproject/2234" " Plum" " Canyon/Engr/STORM > " "DRAIN/")) > > just try to add a double "\042" at the start and end of the variable of the file such as > "\042c:\\program files\\myfiles\\test excel.xls\042"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost