Did you mean: 

Errors because object reactors point to non existing objects

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WelfKreisel
181 Views, 4 Replies

Errors because object reactors point to non existing objects

In our applikation we have defined persistent object reactors,
in fact these reactors are pointers from the callback functions to an object.

Deleting an object doesn't delete the reactor-pointer,
so the pointer is still existing and points to a non-existing-object.

Saving and re-open the dwg causes error messages,
because these reactor-pointers are still existing
and pointing to a non-existing-objects.

How can we handle this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: WelfKreisel

Hi Welf you MUST remove dead links to your objects at closedown a) create a database reactor at startup (vlr-editor-reactor nil '( (....) (:vlr-beginSave . beginSave-drawing ) (:vlr-beginClose . remove-reactors)<<<<----- ) Then when command "CLOSE" starts a notification will be fired (vlr-beginClose..) Find all reactors and check if their objects are dead = deleted For deleted objects remove the reactor-callback Regards, Dieter WelfKreisel wrote: > In our applikation we have defined persistent object reactors, > in fact these reactors are pointers from the callback functions to an object. > > Deleting an object doesn't delete the reactor-pointer, > so the pointer is still existing and points to a non-existing-object. > > Saving and re-open the dwg causes error messages, > because these reactor-pointers are still existing > and pointing to a non-existing-objects. > > How can we handle this? >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

In my experience, this doesn't work on persistent reactors. You must first make the reactors non-persistent and then delete. wrote in message news:4051a0dd_1@newsprd01... > Hi Welf > you MUST remove dead links to your objects at closedown > > a) create a database reactor at startup > > (vlr-editor-reactor nil '( > (....) > (:vlr-beginSave . beginSave-drawing ) > (:vlr-beginClose . remove-reactors)<<<<----- > ) >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Doug, that's what I did not write but intended to say Regards, Dieter Doug Broad wrote: > In my experience, this doesn't work on persistent reactors. > You must first make the reactors non-persistent and then delete. > > > wrote in message news:4051a0dd_1@newsprd01... > >>Hi Welf >>you MUST remove dead links to your objects at closedown >> >>a) create a database reactor at startup >> >>(vlr-editor-reactor nil '( >> (....) >> (:vlr-beginSave . beginSave-drawing ) >> (:vlr-beginClose . remove-reactors)<<<<----- >>) >> >> > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry Dieter, I hadn't read your response to his earlier thread where you already said that. Regards, Doug wrote in message news:4051d547$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Doug, > that's what I did not write but intended to say > Regards, > Dieter >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost