Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entmake a ACAD_TABLE style...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
380 Views, 2 Replies

Entmake a ACAD_TABLE style...

I'm just starting up with Autocad 2005. I'd like to have ACAD_TABLE styles on hand and ready to go. Is there a way I could entmake a table style? I don't see it. Thanks Sage -- To reply via email remove 50 + 1 in my email address.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't actually tried this in 2005, but you should be able to. Tablestyles are part of the objects collection of the dxf structure (instead of tables interestingly enough).
To find a table style, you use the named object dictionary (namedobjdict function i think) object to retrieve the database pointer and then dictsearch, dictadd and dictnext to iterate through the collection. THere' a collection in there for table styles (similiar to pagesetups in 2002, I expect) which should return an entity name for your table that you can pass to entget or entmake. Of course, at this point, it might be simpler to use vba.
I would guess it'd be something like this:
thisdrawing.tablestyles.add(bunch of params,bunch more params,bunch of crap)
Tables reference a subobject called a cell.
Anyway, the full details are in the DXF reference.
CAD Naked
John
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I ended up just creating the styles I'm interest in a drawing. I'll just insert that block into the current drawing. Seems easier that way. ;) "Sage Cowsert" wrote in message news:4072fd2e$1_1@newsprd01... > I'm just starting up with Autocad 2005. I'd like to have ACAD_TABLE styles > on hand and ready to go. Is there a way I could entmake a table style? I > don't see it. > > Thanks > Sage > > -- > To reply via email remove 50 + 1 in my email address. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost