Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Moshe-A
358 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Block

Hi Guys,

When scanning the BTR (Block Table Records) and encounter a "*U" block definition

how can i know if it relate to dynamic block and have it's name?

acutally my current goal is:

when insert a dynamic block at default state (no change in it's dynamic properties/actions)

it's 'Name and 'EffectiveName is equal, when set some of it's properties it turns to dynamic anonymous

with Name = "*Unn"

Can i programaticlly set the block reference to be dynamic anonymous (with out setting any of it's properties)

cause i would like to modify it's BTR (with out effecting the original BTR dynamic block)

but do not want to convert it to static anonymous block.

Thanks in Advance

Moshe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: Moshe-A

The block references (not the anonymous blocks in the block table) contain the dynamic properties.  

Looking at the BTR for the anonymous block, I don't see a link to the dynamic block.  You might need to find the block reference that has that name and then use that to find the dynamic block name.

Changing a block reference's properties, however, will not change the dynamic block definition anyway.  It will create an anonymous block that the block reference will use to display its properties.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
Moshe-A
in reply to: dbroad

dboard,

yes i know all that...

but i would like to do (if it's not complicate) the same what AutoCAD do when they set a dynamic property

to convert the blockref to an insert of that dynamic block

do you think it is possible?

there is a way to do it by doing a dummy set property but i would like to do a classic work.

thank you very much for your reply

moshe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost