Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Civil Lines in Architecture

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shamaro
296 Views, 1 Reply

Drawing Civil Lines in Architecture

I am looking for an AutoCAD command that prompts the user to draw civil lines. When you type 'map', it will ask you: north or south, then what degree, minutes, seconds, then west or east, then last the distance, then the autocad will draw a line on the exact direction you gave the info, then repeat, until the property line closes. It sounds like a lisp routine, but I haven't been able to find it at my new employer. I remember using it in AutoCAD 2000. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
anim8er_gie
in reply to: shamaro

LDD (Land Development Desktop) used to have that. I thought it was the most stupid thing I ever heard of. Very slow and tedious way to input coordinates. Unless there is intelligence to what you are putting in, such as the placing of a special object type, I don't see the point. AutoCAD allows you to input relative coordinates directly. For example:

@500
This is a distance of 500 at a bearing of North 32 degrees, 52 Minutes and 12 Seconds East.

Personally, I made script files with the relative bearings and distances called out. The advantage is that if you made a mistake, you just correct the script and run it again. The issue was, many of the deeds I was plotting had dozens of calls and I was having to guess many of the numbers, because I was faxed the deed. Distinguishing between a 3, 5 and 8 was a chore. So many potential mistakes had to be corrected. With the LDD methodology, once a mistake was made, you had to start over from scratch and type it all again. You generally would not know there was a mistake until you typed it all in. Not a fun prospect with the meanders of a creek or river.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost