Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

shamaro
Message 1 of 2 (126 Views)

Drawing Civil Lines in Architecture

126 Views, 1 Replies
10-15-2009 07:09 AM
I am looking for an AutoCAD command that prompts the user to draw civil lines. When you type 'map', it will ask you: north or south, then what degree, minutes, seconds, then west or east, then last the distance, then the autocad will draw a line on the exact direction you gave the info, then repeat, until the property line closes. It sounds like a lisp routine, but I haven't been able to find it at my new employer. I remember using it in AutoCAD 2000. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!
Valued Contributor
anim8er_gie
Message 2 of 2 (126 Views)

Re: Drawing Civil Lines in Architecture

10-15-2009 08:08 AM in reply to: shamaro
LDD (Land Development Desktop) used to have that. I thought it was the most stupid thing I ever heard of. Very slow and tedious way to input coordinates. Unless there is intelligence to what you are putting in, such as the placing of a special object type, I don't see the point. AutoCAD allows you to input relative coordinates directly. For example:

@500
This is a distance of 500 at a bearing of North 32 degrees, 52 Minutes and 12 Seconds East.

Personally, I made script files with the relative bearings and distances called out. The advantage is that if you made a mistake, you just correct the script and run it again. The issue was, many of the deeds I was plotting had dozens of calls and I was having to guess many of the numbers, because I was faxed the deed. Distinguishing between a 3, 5 and 8 was a chore. So many potential mistakes had to be corrected. With the LDD methodology, once a mistake was made, you had to start over from scratch and type it all again. You generally would not know there was a mistake until you typed it all in. Not a fun prospect with the meanders of a creek or river.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.