Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

elliottpd1
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)
Accepted Solution

Does anonymous blockname change when included in an INSERT?

131 Views, 2 Replies
04-24-2011 10:14 AM

When a drawing on file, that includes anonymous blocks, is INSERTed into the current drawing, are the anonymous blocks automatically renumbered so their names don't conflict with existing anonymous blocks?  For example, if there is an existing block named *U345 in my current drawing, and I insert another drawing that contains that name, is is automatically renumbered by AutoCAD?  I want to create some anonymous blocks, but am worried about name conflicts.

Distinguished Mentor
Moshe-A
Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: Does anonymous blockname change when included in an INSERT?

04-24-2011 02:03 PM in reply to: elliottpd1

Elliot,

the following is from developer help

'Anonymous block names do not remain constant. Although a referenced anonymous block becomes permanent, the numeric portion of its name can change between drawing sessions'

does it answers you question?

elliottpd1
Message 3 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: Does anonymous blockname change when included in an INSERT?

04-24-2011 05:01 PM in reply to: Moshe-A

Thanks very much, I think that means I'm clear to make anonymous blocks without fear of name conflicts.:smileyhappy:

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.