Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Building Lines

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
parutter
523 Views, 4 Replies

Dimension Building Lines

I was wondering if anyone could help me write an AUTOLisp program to label building dimensions.  With Civil3d 2013 preventing me from labeling multiple lines at once, creating building labels to dimension complex building exteriors is much more complicated than it needs to be.  is there anyone that could help me with a Lisp Routine that Generates a MText or Dtext dimension centered on a line and offset to be clear of the line.  the layer for this piece of text would always be "DIMS-BLDG" and the text style will always be "L50s." any help with this would be much appreciated.

the text doesn't have to be organized as it is in this example. the main focus is the layer being correct with the foot mark, precision set to xx.x and oriented to the line.

any help is much appreciated, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: parutter

No programming required.  Set up a dimstyle with no extension or dimension lines. When dimensioning, just select each line instead of picking the endpoints.  Put the text where you want it.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
parutter

i normally wouldn't have an issue with that, but often times there are buildings with plus or minus 50 walls/jogs, and it is very inefficient to have to click make so many clicks just to place a single peice of text.  I'm essentially trying to emulate the way the old label styles would work in land desk. even if there was a way to make 2013 label multiple lines at once, that would be a big improvement.

Message 4 of 5
dbroad

Have you tried Qdim?

I just don't think you're going to find someone to write a free program for you.  If you really mean write it with you, then get half of it done and then ask for help.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 5
parutter

i have started working on something that was similar but was having problems making the changes, especially with this awesome fever. I appreciate your help and ill come back with a almost perfect adaptation of what i need when I start feeling a little better. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost